Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

P.E?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

So. . . if i read it correctly P.E is required in California in homeschooling. . .do you do P.E? I mean. . .how do you go about doing it? Do you have a "curriculum" or what.  My son starts Kindergarten next year so I'm ordering his books & stuff soon. . trying to decide what I need.

by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Each of my kids is enrolled in a sport so I count that for P.E.

I also count when we walk around the block, play games, go hiking, ride bikes, go to the park, etc.

swim-mom72
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Each of my kids is enrolled in a sport so I count that for P.E.

I also count when we walk around the block, play games, go hiking, ride bikes, go to the park, etc.

Yep, that's how we do it. My oldest is on a year round swim team and my youngest does jiu-jitsu. But,like Jinx already said, MANY things count as PE: jumping on the trampoline, Wii, jump rope, roller blading, basketball, darts, frisbee.....you get the picture : )

Silverkitty
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM

We did park days and learning the rules to different sports.  Right now, she doesn't have PE but we are doing health this year.

jen2150
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM

We have PE at our co-op and my sons and I are taking Karate as well.  We are getting plenty of PE.  Anything that is physical can be counted as PE.  When my kids were little chasing our chickens was a great way for them to get some PE in.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I don't do PE. If my kids run around and play, that's good enough for me. They do attend a gym class but that wasn't specifically for education.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)