Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

P.E?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

So. . . if i read it correctly P.E is required in California in homeschooling. . .do you do P.E? I mean. . .how do you go about doing it? Do you have a "curriculum" or what.  My son starts Kindergarten next year so I'm ordering his books & stuff soon. . trying to decide what I need.

by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Each of my kids is enrolled in a sport so I count that for P.E.

I also count when we walk around the block, play games, go hiking, ride bikes, go to the park, etc.

swim-mom72
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Each of my kids is enrolled in a sport so I count that for P.E.

I also count when we walk around the block, play games, go hiking, ride bikes, go to the park, etc.

Yep, that's how we do it. My oldest is on a year round swim team and my youngest does jiu-jitsu. But,like Jinx already said, MANY things count as PE: jumping on the trampoline, Wii, jump rope, roller blading, basketball, darts, frisbee.....you get the picture : )

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM

We did park days and learning the rules to different sports.  Right now, she doesn't have PE but we are doing health this year.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 9:40 AM

We have PE at our co-op and my sons and I are taking Karate as well.  We are getting plenty of PE.  Anything that is physical can be counted as PE.  When my kids were little chasing our chickens was a great way for them to get some PE in.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I don't do PE. If my kids run around and play, that's good enough for me. They do attend a gym class but that wasn't specifically for education.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN