Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

where do you homeschool?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM
  • 28 Replies
Do you have a desinated "classroom" in your home and if so what does it look like? (If you wouldn't mind, i'd love to see pic!) And if not where do you homeschool at and what does your area look like. We are moving in the next couple of weeks and our new house will have a,,,,, classroom in it so i'm just fishing around for ideas!
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Autumn does most of her work independently. She floats in the house - her lapdesk in the living room, dining room table, her room with the tv off, our bed, etc. We used to have a homeschool room, but we never used it. She prefers to work on her own.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of my home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

momto3wifeto1
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM
We have a class room. We use it everyday. I've never made pictures of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM

used to have a classrm but we never used it, except as a place to store our school & craft stuff.  We may have used it more if we had a loveseat or something in there and a larger table(had a kid size card table).  But once we had our 3rd child it got changed into a bedroom.  So now I have some plastic rolling drawers that stay in my kitchen and then the top part of our pantry.  The rest of our supplies(non-daily ones) are on shelves in the basement.  We do most our work at the kitchen table and then the couch in the living room.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM

We go between the office and the dining room table.

The office has my desk, desks for the two younger kids (3rd & 5th grades), the keyboard, and bookshelves for supplies/storage. Sean has an exercise ball he uses at his desk but he prefers to read/study laying on the floor or couch. Only handwriting MUST be done at their desks for neatness.

We do three subjects together for the 3rd and 5th grader and those we do at the dining room table.

I also have a wall in the hall with a number line, calendar, world map and weather board.

I will post pics in the morning - I found the ones on the computer but we have redecorated a bit since then.

My oldest is 8th grade and usually works in his room on his floor or at his computer desk. Both boys have loft beds with computer workstations but they don't prefer working there.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

MedicMommy2
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Our breakfast room has my sons desk, computer, book shelves, and soon to have a little desk for our 2 year old. There are maps on the wall and the bones of the human body, his star chart. He does all of his writing and computer work there, but he prefers to lay upside down on my bed with his feet on the wall.

globalhorse45
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM

If things go well with Dh's sheep raising then in three years I will be buying land and building a home on that land in IL.  I plan on putting a classroom on the first floor to homeschool.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM

We learn all over the house, never in just one spot!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM
We had a classroom for a few months. Let me tell you, it was awesome. Everything in one spot, no looking in five different places for the math book, manipulatives, etc. We had a routine, and did our entire school day every day.

Then, my girls decided they wanted their own rooms back. *sigh

Now, I have school supplies in the living room, dining room, my bedroom, dd1's closet, and dd2's closet. I'm a mess, unorganized, and barely get anything done through the day.

First grader tries to do her work on the couch, complains about the book falling, her pencil, her skirt is bothering her.

I MISS MY SCHOOL ROOM!

And now we are expecting a new baby, so no chance of getting it back :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I have a constantly nursing infant, so most of our work is getting done on the living room couch. They use our dining room table, a lot, too.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Did you have to give up a bedroom to make it?

Quoting momto3wifeto1:

We have a class room. We use it everyday. I've never made pictures of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN