Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

where do you homeschool?

Posted by   + Show Post
Do you have a desinated "classroom" in your home and if so what does it look like? (If you wouldn't mind, i'd love to see pic!) And if not where do you homeschool at and what does your area look like. We are moving in the next couple of weeks and our new house will have a,,,,, classroom in it so i'm just fishing around for ideas!
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Replies (21-28):
momto3wifeto1
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM
No. The second level of our home is just one big open room and that's what we use.

Quoting mem82:

Did you have to give up a bedroom to make it?

Quoting momto3wifeto1:

We have a class room. We use it everyday. I've never made pictures of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mynameismuerte
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM

For right now we have turned our formal dining room into our school/office room.  We have this table with 3 little chairs for it.  This table is about the perfect size for us and all 3 of my boys can fit at it still.  There is also my desk and 4 bookcases in here.  Two of the bookcases are huge.  We have a large chalkboard on one wall and lots of other posters and "art" the boys have made.  

My 2 year old is HORRIBLE when it comes to making messes and pulling EVERYTHING off of shelves.  We keep books, games, puzzles, arts and crafts stuff, etc in this room and we have two gates to keep him out.  One is a gate that the older two can open on their own.

We're building a house and once that is done in May or June (depending on the weather) we will be making one of the bedrooms upstairs a school/office room.  I can't wait for that because the room has a walk in closet in there so I won't need all of these bookcases taking up the floor space :)  

We do plenty of schoolwork on the couch but I love that everything "has a home" and since DS is just 6 I like for him to do a lot of his writing at the table because it really helps him focus.  I also love that it's a space where his littlest brother can't go yanking his paper off the table when he's working.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Oh, that's great.

Quoting momto3wifeto1:

No. The second level of our home is just one big open room and that's what we use.

Quoting mem82:

Did you have to give up a bedroom to make it?

Quoting momto3wifeto1:

We have a class room. We use it everyday. I've never made pictures of it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I love your table.

Quoting mynameismuerte:

For right now we have turned our formal dining room into our school/office room.  We have this table with 3 little chairs for it.  This table is about the perfect size for us and all 3 of my boys can fit at it still.  There is also my desk and 4 bookcases in here.  Two of the bookcases are huge.  We have a large chalkboard on one wall and lots of other posters and "art" the boys have made.  

My 2 year old is HORRIBLE when it comes to making messes and pulling EVERYTHING off of shelves.  We keep books, games, puzzles, arts and crafts stuff, etc in this room and we have two gates to keep him out.  One is a gate that the older two can open on their own.

We're building a house and once that is done in May or June (depending on the weather) we will be making one of the bedrooms upstairs a school/office room.  I can't wait for that because the room has a walk in closet in there so I won't need all of these bookcases taking up the floor space :)  

We do plenty of schoolwork on the couch but I love that everything "has a home" and since DS is just 6 I like for him to do a lot of his writing at the table because it really helps him focus.  I also love that it's a space where his littlest brother can't go yanking his paper off the table when he's working.

mrspriceisright
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I actually just wrote a blog piece about this a couple of days ago!

http://mrspriceisrighthomeschooling.blogspot.com/2012/01/where-does-education-take-place.html

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Everywhere.  Just about everything can turn into a learning experience.

Anna92464
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I have a classroom.  My son prefers learning there because we have a gian dry erase board and he likes doing board work for math and grammar.  It actually keeps him focussed and he has fun.   A lot of times we do some of our school in the living room on t.v. trays just because I need to be upstairs cooking lunch or tending to the 4 year old I babysit.  We toggle and vary from day to day.  Wish I could post pictures but I think I'm the only mom in the universe who doesn't ever take pictures.

Schleetle
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:17 PM

No. I do some lessons in the dining room, and others are done at their desk area in their room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)