Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Were any of you (Moms) Homeschooled?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 28 Replies

Poll

Question: Were you (Mom) homeschooled as a child?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

I was not, and never knew anyone growing up who was. In fact, even as an adult, I haven't come across THAT many families (other than online) who do.  Maybe 10-12 altogether....?

by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:55 PM

not me but all my kids were and there almost all in there 30s!

Christine0813
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I was not. Never knew any home-schooled kids.

I'm the first on both sides of the family to home-school.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 28, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I never knew anyone home schooled either. I think it is more "out in the open" now. My nephew (21 years old) has friends who were. When we first started, I felt like we were the only people in our state! Lol! But now I know of a ton, and even some of my friends are considering it or doing it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylon
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:31 AM

My brother and I were homeschooled and now both homeschool our children. 

globalhorse45
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I was never homeschooled, PS all my life. Same with Dh though Dh's mom didn't send him to school until he was 8 years old.  Dh went into first grade.  I did Kindergarten (afternoon) two times.  My brother did preschool twice (he was pulled out at 4 due to his broken leg and his surgery to get the brain tumor out) and redid preschool at 5 years old.  I have NEVER met anybody in real life that homeschools.  I guess it is non-existent in my old school district/in the county I went to middle and High School in.  Even as a child I never knew anyone who was homeschooled.

TheHappyChicken
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I was homeschooled as a child and am homeschooling my children.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I was and to be honest it might be hard to know if you came across an adult who was.  I haven't met one person in my life that could tell I was homeschooled, in fact if somebody I know learns they are always surprised to hear it.  I don't announce nor say I was homeschooled, after all who walks around saying they were public schooled, lol.

One time I had a group of friends over and in my very living room they all started talking about howhomeschoolers lacked socialization, and were weird people who would have a hard time making it in the real world.   My friends knew at that time I ran my own business, and they knew I had more college then any of them, and they all met each other through me.  So it was a surprise that after I let them all do their talking I asked them what they thought of me, and when they looked confused I told them I was homeschooled.  Talk about a room full of adults that completely changed their views on homeschooling.

Aleshad01
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 7:34 PM

No, I went to public school.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting TheHappyChicken:

I was homeschooled as a child and am homeschooling my children.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Knightquester:

I was and to be honest it might be hard to know if you came across an adult who was.  I haven't met one person in my life that could tell I was homeschooled, in fact if somebody I know learns they are always surprised to hear it.  I don't announce nor say I was homeschooled, after all who walks around saying they were public schooled, lol.

One time I had a group of friends over and in my very living room they all started talking about howhomeschoolers lacked socialization, and were weird people who would have a hard time making it in the real world.   My friends knew at that time I ran my own business, and they knew I had more college then any of them, and they all met each other through me.  So it was a surprise that after I let them all do their talking I asked them what they thought of me, and when they looked confused I told them I was homeschooled.  Talk about a room full of adults that completely changed their views on homeschooling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)