Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Were any of you (Moms) Homeschooled?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Were you (Mom) homeschooled as a child?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

I was not, and never knew anyone growing up who was. In fact, even as an adult, I haven't come across THAT many families (other than online) who do.  Maybe 10-12 altogether....?

by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Replies (21-28):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:59 AM

lol ~ I am 42.  My kids aren't that mature yet.  My oldest is 16 and my youngest is 3.   I started to homeschool when I was 18, I home schooled my younger brother and sister. Then when I got married. I got pregnant right off and when she was old enough, I started teaching her as much as she could understand and handle. For averages sake, I have been pregnant every 2 years. lol   I am trying to not have anymore. :)

Quoting bren_darlene:

You have been homeschooling for 24 yrs now you must be about my age :)  How old are your DC? My oldest is 31 (32 in June).  I am 49 and will be 50 in June.

Quoting kirbymom:

I was home schooled for 2 years but went back to public school to graduate  just so that I could have the physical piece of paper that said I was a graduate.  Back in those days, it was more difficult to be accepted into college or get a job or even go into the military. I wanted to make sure that I was covered. Other than that, I would have stayed at home to finish school. I have been home schooling for about 24 years now.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I was not homeschooled, I was unschooled (unbeknown-st to my parents) from age 15 on & I still am because I wake up everyday yearning new knowledge.

Mickey37
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM

There are a lot of HS families here in Fl, but I never knew any where I grew up (outside Philadelphia).

oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM

hahahaha your just a youngun!!!hahahaha

Quoting kirbymom:

lol ~ I am 42.  My kids aren't that mature yet.  My oldest is 16 and my youngest is 3.   I started to homeschool when I was 18, I home schooled my younger brother and sister. Then when I got married. I got pregnant right off and when she was old enough, I started teaching her as much as she could understand and handle. For averages sake, I have been pregnant every 2 years. lol   I am trying to not have anymore. :)

Quoting bren_darlene:

You have been homeschooling for 24 yrs now you must be about my age :)  How old are your DC? My oldest is 31 (32 in June).  I am 49 and will be 50 in June.

Quoting kirbymom:

I was home schooled for 2 years but went back to public school to graduate  just so that I could have the physical piece of paper that said I was a graduate.  Back in those days, it was more difficult to be accepted into college or get a job or even go into the military. I wanted to make sure that I was covered. Other than that, I would have stayed at home to finish school. I have been home schooling for about 24 years now.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM

ROTFLOL!!!!!!  Thank you soooooo much for the compliment.   According to my daughter, I am as old as the hills and as old as dirt itself. LOL ~   btw ~ I have 7 kids. And right now, I can't tell whether I am pregnant again or menopausal. LOL  

Quoting oredeb:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bren_darlene:

Quoting kirbymom:

oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

hey what do kids know!!!hahaha hmmmm number 8!! maybe! let us know!!

debbie

Quoting kirbymom:

ROTFLOL!!!!!!  Thank you soooooo much for the compliment.   According to my daughter, I am as old as the hills and as old as dirt itself. LOL ~   btw ~ I have 7 kids. And right now, I can't tell whether I am pregnant again or menopausal. LOL  

Quoting oredeb:

1Redapple
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I say this toung in cheek, sort of.  My mother didn't like haveing me around after school, so... Homeschooling is for real MOMMIES.  I think her generation was told being a mom was less than and she bought it.  I was a suprise baby at the end of the 60's.

Char24210
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I was
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)