Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disk for homeschooling

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am looking for a disk for my computer that doesnt need internet. I want games my kids preschool age can play without internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomOf7Children
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

There are several educational computer games that are available at most retail stores such as Best Buy, Wal-Wart, K-Mart, etc. Some that I have used in the past that my children liked were Jump Start and Reader Rabbit.

bmw29
by Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Just check any store that sells computer games and you should be able to find several.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM
This :) we got jumpstart at SAMs club and my daughter loved it. They have it by grade level starting at toddler I believe.

Quoting MomOf7Children:

There are several educational computer games that are available at most retail stores such as Best Buy, Wal-Wart, K-Mart, etc. Some that I have used in the past that my children liked were Jump Start and Reader Rabbit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danielle163
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Yes, there are tons of them. We used: Huggly Saves the Turtles (Scholastic-Thinking Adventures)....Fisher Price-Ready for School-Kindergarten....Brighter Child put out some for Caillou for counting, colors & shapes & thinking skills....the Jumpstart ones are excellent....Clifford Phonics (Scholastic).....Disney Mickey Mouse Kindergarten...Clifford Reading....The Learning Company puts out the Arthur discs.....there are the Dora educational discs, CareBears....etc. My DD started playing them when she was three and really learned a lot.

You can buy quite a few of them on Amazon.

kittyfaery
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM
We have a teacher supply ship near us called Lakeshore. They have tons of computer games. I think you can buy online too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittyfaery
by on Jan. 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Store not ship, LOL

Quoting kittyfaery:

We have a teacher supply ship near us called Lakeshore. They have tons of computer games. I think you can buy online too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Looks like you have some good choices, now!

Kenre
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Thank you everyone! My boys will love these. We cant access internet on the desk top. Now the boys can play their games again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SashaBree
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM
you should also check thrift stores, goodwill stores, and discount book stores. I have purchased several at $1.00 a piece. Also kids resale shops or consignment places. Good luck. We gave several of the ones mentioned and my 5 yr old loves them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)