Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Will you be using taxes to buy any homeschooling supplies?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 23 Replies

?????

by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soy_latte
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 1:46 PM

No, not this year. We have decided that we enjoy working with our own eclectic curriculum. Adding, selling, creating or improvising as we go along - no pricey boxed sets. Our science center, zoo, museum memberships are paid up. There aren't any big purchases that we have in mind just yet. 

Next year I think we will. We'll probably set it aside to pay for some different day camps in elective areas like music or science. Also, buy a microscope. 

wowguildmomma
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM

We are hoping to get some stuff for the "classroom" for organization and such to try and make things smoother on me. We also are thinking of putting in a deck and out fitting it with a white board, and other weather proof things in the back where it is covered since during the cool mornings or while I am gardening we can just take school outside.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Awesome! We, also, buy Zoo and COSI (science) memberships, but we usually do it with taxes. 8)

Quoting soy_latte:

No, not this year. We have decided that we enjoy working with our own eclectic curriculum. Adding, selling, creating or improvising as we go along - no pricey boxed sets. Our science center, zoo, museum memberships are paid up. There aren't any big purchases that we have in mind just yet. 

Next year I think we will. We'll probably set it aside to pay for some different day camps in elective areas like music or science. Also, buy a microscope. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Home Depot sells something called Cheap White Board and it's like $11 for 8' long piece of white board. 8)

Quoting wowguildmomma:

We are hoping to get some stuff for the "classroom" for organization and such to try and make things smoother on me. We also are thinking of putting in a deck and out fitting it with a white board, and other weather proof things in the back where it is covered since during the cool mornings or while I am gardening we can just take school outside.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I wish...but no...we are most likely going to pay off the last of our debts (minus the houses). Hopefully getting all that out of the way will at least let us be able to save towards next years stuff

Aleshad01
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Maybe a little of it.  I plan to start buying a little at a time until I have everything I need.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Congrats on paying off the debts! WOOT

Quoting No_Difference:

I wish...but no...we are most likely going to pay off the last of our debts (minus the houses). Hopefully getting all that out of the way will at least let us be able to save towards next years stuff

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I'm always picking up little things I think will help us in school.

Quoting Aleshad01:

Maybe a little of it.  I plan to start buying a little at a time until I have everything I need.

MedicMommy2
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I compulsively buy things for "school"

Knightquester
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Most years yes, but this year I'm putting a deposit down on braces for my second born, my tax return will be spent on expensive needs like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN