Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What subjects for Kindergarten?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

Just wondering what subjects did you teach for Kindergarten? Thanks!

by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM

simple math

phonics and writing letters

writing name, address, etc

basic social studies ie: we live in the USA. we have a president. state, city

basic science like rain and clouds, etc

MedicMommy2
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Math- counting, adding, times of day, days of the week, months, years, some subtraction, 3d shapes, shapes in general, what big shapes smaller shapes make, temp

Language arts- reading, handwriting, letter concepts ie: vowels, constonants, long sounds, short sounds, multi-sylable words, understanding concepts of books, how things are written

Science- weather, what things are made of ie; their properties and what those properties make when combined, magnets and how they work

Social Studies- Community helpers, what makes up a town, transportation, president and what he does, cowboys and what they did, all of the major facts and what not about our state, then the major points about the US and certain presidents and all that jazz.

5BMom
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Math
Phonics/reading
Logic
Nature study
Handwriting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Oh, nature studies are so fun at that age. 8)

Quoting 5BMom:

Math
Phonics/reading
Logic
Nature study
Handwriting

5BMom
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
We have so much fun with nature study!!! This week, we went animal tracking in the snow and found fix and bunny tracks. Today, we hung a new birdfeeder to watch the finches more closley...

Quoting mem82:

Oh, nature studies are so fun at that age. 8)

Quoting 5BMom:

Math

Phonics/reading

Logic

Nature study

Handwriting

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Home educators often come to me saying they are worried they may not be teaching everything their child needs to know. They ask me what they should be teaching at each grade level. Following is link which iis designed to help you make those decisions. (the  sixteen links on this page tell you what is generally expected at each grade level.

However a few important words of caution first: The beauty of home school is that it is not the classroom.

http://www.read-phonics.com/elementary-education.html

Aleshad01
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Thanks everyone!

oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM

art and crafts, nature study, dancing, playing, memorizing verses,songs, poems(music)

globalhorse45
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I am not sure yet if I'll go past Pre-K for homeschool. 

But this would be curriculum for Kindergarten:

Islamic Studies: Ad-Duha Institute, Let's Learn From The Holy Qur'an, The Life and Sayings of Rasulullah, Our Religion is Islam: A Coloring Book, Basics of Islam Part 1, Islamic School Book Grade K: I Am a Muslim: A Modern Storybook

Arabic: Ad-Duha Institute, Arabic Letters Activity Book, Shapes and Forms of Arabic Letters

Science: Intro Science and Magic School Bus books

Language Arts: MCP PLAID Phonics Level K, Words Their Way Kindergarten, Sing, Spell, Read & Write-Level K

Mathematics: MCP Mathematics-Kindergarten

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)