Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

when do you start looking

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
I am always on the look out for good stuff to use or teach my children but I usually really start about now looking really hard for the new year. When do you start and what are you looking at for next year?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 9:48 PM

I start after testing, which is in May. Then, I plan in July and August. 8)

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I'm always on the look for new things, but acquiring depends on price. Around tax season.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I don't look too hard unless I'm unhappy with what we are doing. I may grab up something fun if  Icome across it but I dont usualyl go searching.

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Here are several resources, ideas and lesson plans...many free.

http://educators-space.blogspot.com/p/sight-map-of-articles.html

5BMom
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:02 AM
I am looking towards next year... I am very happy with what we are doing now but my kids are young... And only in the 3R stage so I need to beef up next year AND tax money will be here in a few weeks so I need to spend while I have it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:20 AM

all the time! im always on the look out something the kids could use

i will be using the same stuff but always looking for stuff to add!

Anna92464
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I wish I had time to look.....I'd be looking and buying all the time!  :)   I love school supplies and bright shiny learning "stuff"......But I'm a horrible organizer, so I usually buy a boxed curriculum and play with that.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I'm always looking, but am starting to get serious about ordering it and having it in place, ready to go.  We also have one starting high school, so I want my ducks all in a row!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I started "planning" in January. But I have a baby coming in June, and doubt anything will get done over the summer, so I'm trying to be ready before baby comes.

I am going to the Midwest homeschool convention (April I think) and I can't wait. :) I went last year too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wright1212
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:20 AM

we are more ecletic and i do my own curriculum. so i am ALWAYS looking. i use alot of homemade things like from pintrest. but regular check my FB groups and craigslist for things. Example-just got a cursive dry erase spiral notebook for $1 !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)