Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Has anyone used... (Updated in replies)

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 12 Replies

any of the The Everything Learning__________Book before? (The blank spot being w/e language). My daughter wants to learn a foreign language, and I've tried teaching her German since I can speak it, however she has no interest and really wants to learn French.  I cannot get her motivated enough to use the computer to do really any electronic type learning and I don't thinkhaving anything entirely audio would help her since she doesn't learn that way.
I looked at our library online and found some books I'm going to skim through but the one I was most impressed with is overdue (since Nov which means its most likely not coming back anytime soon)., and it was the The Everything Learning French Book. So I looked on Barnes and Noble and found the The Everything Learning Kids French Book and of course the "original" and the practice book...each to me seems to get a little more indepth.
I was just wondering if anyone has used them before and if they like them or is there a better book out there that isn't overly dry that I would be able to teach her with.  In order to help her with it I'm going to have to learn it to, so it'd be awesome if its not overly simplified so I'm not getting bored with it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Jan. 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Jan. 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I have not but it sounds cool :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I haven't either, I keep thinking I need to start a language but can't take on anything else at the moment. I'll have to check my library for this. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

ive never used any of those either!! there must be someone on here who has!!!!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Well...I ordered it, and should get it by Friday. I guess I'll see how it goes. I'm a little mad tho. I ordered it last night from Barns and Noble. I got the 3 different books they had for it for only $35.00...$37 and some change with tax. I didn't think that was bad until I checked the mail this morning and got CUPONS in the mail from them for an additional 20% off!!! :( I should've held out for one more day lol

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM

It sounds neat. You'll have to tell us how it goes.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Aww, I hate that!

Quoting No_Difference:

Well...I ordered it, and should get it by Friday. I guess I'll see how it goes. I'm a little mad tho. I ordered it last night from Barns and Noble. I got the 3 different books they had for it for only $35.00...$37 and some change with tax. I didn't think that was bad until I checked the mail this morning and got CUPONS in the mail from them for an additional 20% off!!! :( I should've held out for one more day lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:05 PM
awwwwwww return it and order it next month!hahahah using the coupons! let us know how the books are?
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I will definitely let you all know how it goes with the books :).  I called the store and they said after I get all the books and the recipt I can take them down to the store with the cupons and they may be able to credit us back the 20%...we'll have to see how that goes too.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 1, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I don't know anything about them, I hope they are what you are wanting them to be.

globalhorse45
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Never heard of those books before.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)