Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to homeschooling

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello,

New to homeschooling. My name is Nicole. My son is 10yrs old. Appreciate all advice and tips. Please send request for games if u like as well. Always looking for new friends.

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Welcome to the group!

Anna92464
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hi!  I have an 11 year old son that I am homeschooling.  My advice would be to relax and learn together.  There is much for you to learn, too.  And getting to know your child is a huge part of the process.  Best wishes to you!  Anna

oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM

welcome nicole!!!

advice- have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and keep a lesson plan(so you know what you are doing each day)

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yes, have fun and enjoy learning :)  As far as the "lesson plans"  I don't think I have ever really done that. LOL   We just go through our books and anything else we can find.  I keep a list of what books and activities we did though :)

Quoting oredeb:

welcome nicole!!!

advice- have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and keep a lesson plan(so you know what you are doing each day)

I am a stay at home,  home educating, non-vaxingmother to many children :)  And a very happy wife to a wonderful man!!!

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Welcome icefoxxmom555.  It is a wonderful  experience.  Here is an article with tuns of information from pre K  through high school How To Home School

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Welcome :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN