Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I need help

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

I sent a form to my child school to pull her out. The super intendent replied with: "Reason?" He did not ask when I pulled my other child out now he's asking why I'm pulling this one out. It doesn't make sense and I feel like it's none of his business! What do you mamas know about this? Can he ask reasons after giving him a proper form?

by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oredeb
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 7:21 PM

what state are you in? what does the hs law say?

Danielle163
by on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I just had to contact the principal to let him know that I was removing DD. I have not seen anything in the law for here (Iowa) that states that you have to give a reason, but I would check your state. (If your state doesn't say that you have to give reasons why)-I would say yes, he can ask all he wants, but if you have already given the proper forms and you want to decline the "why" then I would just tell the Super that he can fill in the blanks himself--LOL Maybe he's actually interested in finding out why your removing another one of your children (?). Just a thought................

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Id thell them! I let the Principal have an earfull when we left. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM
If your state doesn't require you to say why you are taking your child out of school to homeschool them, he doesn't have to know. I would print and highlight the section and hand it to him. If it does say you need to give a reason, you can give a light answer if you don't want to give the truth. No one would know the difference.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 31, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Depending on your state & the laws he may or may not be in the right.

Here is a link that might help you

http://www.homeschoollegaladvantage.com/resources/homeschool-laws-by-state

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:44 PM

You can also call your State Home School Association.  They are usually very knowledgeable about these things.  To find your State association, click on the link, scroll down to your State, click on it an you will be taken to at least one Association in your State. 

Home School Associations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN