Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

home speech therapy programs & bks?? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

speech therapy for DS age 6 starts back up Feb 13th :(
Really it's a great program, I just hate running to get to class 2x a wk. Especially not fun when big and pregnant. And oh once the baby gets here...ick. So today I am researching home speech therapy programs.

I have heard of "Super Star Speech". Any reveiws on it?

And does anyone know of any other homebased programs?

My son has trouble with some begining blends.  Some issues w/ the L sound.  And leaving of the end sounds of words(rhyming seems to help the end sound problem).

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 6 and 9 and a 3yr old girl.  Baby #4 coming April 2012.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Maybe you could talk to the teacher about taking some work home so you only have to go once a week?

nikkisuire
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM

get on currclick.com   you can find alot of resources on this and to help you out.  I just purchased this after reading your post.  I do like the books.  You can get it cheaper if you buy the ebooks and just save them to your computer!  They have so much other materials that can help you as well.

My son has speech therapy as well, 2xs a week!  Also Occupational therapy to help with his ADHD.  Look at currclick under the SPECIAL NEEDS! you will find what you are looking for!

as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD

Lynette
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:15 PM

can u print up the worksheets & flashcards from the ebooks?

Quoting nikkisuire:

get on currclick.com   you can find alot of resources on this and to help you out.  I just purchased this after reading your post.  I do like the books.  You can get it cheaper if you buy the ebooks and just save them to your computer!  They have so much other materials that can help you as well.

My son has speech therapy as well, 2xs a week!  Also Occupational therapy to help with his ADHD.  Look at currclick under the SPECIAL NEEDS! you will find what you are looking for!

Lynette-Homeschooling SAHM  of  boys ages 6 and 9 and a 3yr old girl.  Baby #4 coming April 2012.  Living in WI. 

Come join me in LDS Homeschoolers

nikkisuire
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes mam you sure can and i was looking at the books. They look really good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I did find some free stuff for today that I could use(till I decide what to do).  Here is the site I found it on http://www.speakingofspeech.com/Articulation_Materials.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)