Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Edgy/Efficient programs

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

Right now I am in the middle of researching techniques to teach my children.   I am getting ahead I know as my kids are just two and three. 

I like programs like "baby can you read" and brainetics.   After reading a 1970s baby reading book, I pretty much decifered how to accomplish this for free through the creation of my own powerpoint presentations

I did find one book on math short cuts, but I was wondering if anyone has used these methods and if there is any descent free online resources available.

I looking to give my children a more competitive edge with strong/fast mental math and fast sight reading skills.  Any tips would be great. 

Thanks

by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lacycc
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM

anyone teaching vedic mathematics?

oredeb
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 5:46 PM

nope never did it here, they just learned by watching and being around everyone when they were youngsters, no special tapes or methods,

hmmm vedic math, i dont know what that is????

Anna92464
by on Jan. 31, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

When mine were little, I just supplied them with "stuff" and let them run with it themselves....they frequently didn't use the "stuff" as intended and I learned to relax and be okay with that.....I wish I had them out in nature more, but that was hard to do because my husband hates being outside unless he is working out there.  If I had to do it again, instead of encouraging early academics, I would have just let them play outside a lot....and not be too organized.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I've never used anything beyond Nick Jr. LOL You could label things in your house to help facilitate memorization.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN