Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Why Urban, Educated Parents Are Turning to DIY Education

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM
BJ
  • 6 Replies
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM

That's interesting. I can see why they would be wanting 'more' for their kids' schooling.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I thought it was interesting & that it could show anyone that is unsure of doing it that more & more people are turning to it as an option for there families.

Quoting mem82:

That's interesting. I can see why they would be wanting 'more' for their kids' schooling.

oredeb
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 1:55 PM

gee where have all these people been? homeschoolings been going on for years! sometimes in the articles they make it sound like the person that the article is about has just created something new for everyone!! and here its been going on for years!haha

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Quoting oredeb:

gee where have all these people been? homeschoolings been going on for years! sometimes in the articles they make it sound like the person that the article is about has just created something new for everyone!! and here its been going on for years!haha

I know! I also get the feeling that the writer is not being unbiased like they are supposed to!

lucsch
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I think the main point of that article is that homeschooling is beginning to be "mainstream."  Before, it was just the choice of the extremists and radicals. :) I know here, homeschooling is a "normal" option. No one even bats an eye when I say we homeschool.

YaHuWaHismyall
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I was homeschooled from 6th-12th grade & now I do virtual school with my 6yr old dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN