Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Projects question

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hi! I was thinking about ways I want to try to supplement what my son will be learning once we start homeschooling. I remember in 6th grade we had history projects called Inquiries ( I think that is what they are called anyway). We got a packet of project ideas for a certain subject and they were each given a point value depending on difficulty. Your grade depended on how many points you got. I am thinking this might work well for my son because he will get to choose what to do.

Has anyone else heard of this? Is there another name for them? I am thinking I can just look up project ideas and put it together myself. Though it would be nice to see a model for it since its been so long and I am new to this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
globalhorse45
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM

We never did history projects when I was in school and I graduated in 2006 from high school.  We did have book reports up until 4th grade though I remember. 

oredeb
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM

oh yea projects are fun as long as the student likes doing them! what i do is find a project that is part of wht they are studying

Im   doing american history with the younger kids and are on the 13 colonies so we are making the virgina colony kinda like a diarama but a bit bigger, using various items to make the houses, fences, etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN