Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Homeschooling Moms! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1: Introduce yourself by replying to this post. It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2: Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting. You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3: Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend. To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a Homeschooling Moms signature to your posts, click here:
Signatures for the Homeschooling Moms group!!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (941-950):
Horsemom233
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Hi my name is Emily. I was wondering if anybody knows a homeschool group in the triad area N.C

twilightmom6545
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hi there Y'all! My name is Tammy. I am a mom of three Izaak age 8 Josh age 7 and Kimi age 1.5. I am a 1st time homeschooling mommy. My kids have been in public school until now. I am a nervous wreck that I won't be a good teacher

ashlelyb_0827
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Hello, Moms! My name is Ashley. I have a preschooler, who is 4 years old and a public schooled kindergartener. I am currenlty trying to learn as much as I can about homeschooling so I can make a decision as to if  I want to homeschool next year or not.  I do a little bit of preschool homeschooling with my 4 year old, but I need to learn about the real deal! I have no idea where to even start, so I am hoping I can learn from reading this forum.

shellyNkatie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:23 PM

My name is Shelly. I'm a 20y/o mom of an 11 month old. My brothers and I were homeschooled until 2007. I finished high school and had DD. I decided even before I finished high school that I would homeschool my DD. I am even more sure now about it since she's the brightest kid I've ever met and The System will most definately stifle that. While in The System, I literally felt myself being dumbed down. I can no longer read at a college level and I have a greatly diminished interest in learning.

I'm currently covering basics with my daughter, and she has already shown great interest in reading, pictures, and drawing. I'm very proud of her. I'm trying to start my own business this year so I can work from home to to have the time to teach her.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Charla, it will be nice getting to know you!

Quoting charla_r:

Hello all!  My name is Charla and I  will be homeschooling my 5yo DD in the fall.  We are moving to MD from DC in the next few weeks.  I am busily researching curriculum choices.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Welcome Amanda, I have never used it but I bet someone here has.

Quoting Amandalyngarcia:

Has anyone used connection academy cyber public home schooling?

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Welcome to the group. Khan Academy is great for math & science & YouTube has Educational videos that are for all different subjects.

Quoting sa3dayc:

Hey, I'm an older mom that will be homeschooling my teenager son.  Looking for good computer based lessons 10th 11th grade lessons.  Any suggestions?

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Welcome to the group Alie. At those ages learningshould be fun & engaging for them. Sing & dancing, do crafts, play games & cooking are all great ways for them to learn & have fun learning.

Quoting Alie1313:

Hi everyone my name is Alissa and I have a 3 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter who I would like to educate as much as possible. I have started working with them in 4 languages with numbers and colors and basic words but I don't know what else to be working with them with I try to do the alphabet with my son and he starts yelling "don't say that word" which i don't understand but ok i guess it will come in time.  I want to give them every advantage I can as far as education and i believe much of the public school time is wasted where they could learn form real life as well as books if I tech them. 

A little background on me I am going back to school to finish my AA in Automotive Tech and I will also be pursuing  massage school in the near future.  I am a former truck driver and now stay at home mom. I work 24 hours a week for my mother as her personal care giver helping her clean and shop but recently I feel like I need to incorporate more structure into a school system for the kids and myself to keep us focused because i find there are days that i forget to do their learning activities with them and i feel bad when that happens. I am just guessing at where to begin with teaching them but i am hoping this group gives me a bit more guidance.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Welcome to the group, supplementing a child's education at home is homeschooling so feel free to ask any & all questions!

Quoting melliferous1:

Hello I'm from Portsmouth VA, I not homeschooling my son, however I am looking for advice to help him because he is having a hard time.  I'm hoping to receive tips and or help on ways I can help him.  He's 8 in the 3rd grade.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Welcome Mandi, What great opportunities you will have living on Hawaii. You could study marine biology, volcanoes & the rich history of those amazing islands.

Quoting 3aimingfor5:

Hi, my name is Mandi, currently living in Hawaii until 2015. :-)I have 6 year old twins and a 4 year old, this is our first year homeschooling, I look forward to being part of this group.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)