Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Homeschooling Moms! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1: Introduce yourself by replying to this post. It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2: Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting. You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3: Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend. To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a Homeschooling Moms signature to your posts, click here:
Signatures for the Homeschooling Moms group!!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
Beckiie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My name is Whitney! I have two boys 2 and under and today is day 2 with Cafemom.

gacgbaker
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Quoting Beckiie:

My name is Whitney! I have two boys 2 and under and today is day 2 with Cafemom.

Welcome Whitney!

oredeb
by debbie on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM

welcome toni!!

welcome vsjc!!!

InspiredMamaof3
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hi, I'm Becky and I have three young children.  My oldest just turned 5 and will be starting kindergarten in the fall.  We've homeschooled for preschool this year and I'm having a lot of reservations about sending her to public school next year.  I used to be a teacher and while I love learning, I couldn't stand the public school system.  My main concern with homeschooling is that she'll be isolated.  I'd love ideas for helping her to have a good group of friends outside of a school environment.  

Also, while we are very spiritual, a lot of the curriculum options I've looked at are much too conservative for our beliefs.  If anyone has recommendations for curriculum options that are not religious, I would greatly appreciate it.  I also love the unit studies approach - so recommendations for that style would be wonderful.  

Thanks for your help.  I look forward to learning from and getting to know you.  Hope you have an inspiring day!

oredeb
by debbie on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

welcome becky!!!

you could send her to outside classes for ballet, art, baseball, gym, swim,

see if you have a homeschool group around you, they generally have stuff going on for the kids, like skating, coop classes, foreign lang, art etc

as for unit studies, make em yourself! thats what i do  heres how  http://www.home2teach.com/unitstudies/Resourcesforstudies.pdf

Quoting InswepiredMamaof3:

Hi, I'm Becky and I have three young children.  My oldest just turned 5 and will be starting kindergarten in the fall.  We've homeschooled for preschool this year and I'm having a lot of reservations about sending her to public school next year.  I used to be a teacher and while I love learning, I couldn't stand the public school system.  My main concern with homeschooling is that she'll be isolated.  I'd love ideas for helping her to have a good group of friends outside of a school environment.  

Also, while we are very spiritual, a lot of the curriculum options I've looked at are much too conservative for our beliefs.  If anyone has recommendations for curriculum options that are not religious, I would greatly appreciate it.  I also love the unit studies approach - so recommendations for that style would be wonderful.  

Thanks for your help.  I look forward to learning from and getting to know you.  Hope you have an inspiring day!

sbrast35
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Hi, I am thinking of homeschooling my 13 yr old son next year for 8th grade. He has ADD and is on meds for it. He gets great grades in school like A's and B's but he struggles in some areas. He has a hard time doing the homework when he gets home. Sometimes the teachers go too fast and he can't write down what he needs to. Right now a few kids are picking on him and saying hurtful things on why he's slow at doing some things and so shy. I've already spoke with all his teachers and principals and they talked with the kids responsible and the teachers spoke in their classes about not teasing other students and it won't be tolerated. He also got part of his schedule switched so as to avoid the kids responsible. He always looked unhappy when he came home from school. He really wants to homeschool and I think it might be better for him. He's very smart and tested high on a IQ test given to him several years ago. I'm looking for homeschooling materials that are free or fairly cheap or used. There are no co ops in my area or support groups. I live in a small town in Texas. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

sbrast35
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM

BUMP!

oredeb
by debbie on Feb. 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM

hi sbast!

why dont you start a new post in the lets talk! above area(has a little house by it) and post what you did on this post! more people will respond since that is the group talking area, this is just the welcome area

debbie

Quoting sbrast35:

Hi, I am thinking of homeschooling my 13 yr old son next year for 8th grade. He has ADD and is on meds for it. He gets great grades in school like A's and B's but he struggles in some areas. He has a hard time doing the homework when he gets home. Sometimes the teachers go too fast and he can't write down what he needs to. Right now a few kids are picking on him and saying hurtful things on why he's slow at doing some things and so shy. I've already spoke with all his teachers and principals and they talked with the kids responsible and the teachers spoke in their classes about not teasing other students and it won't be tolerated. He also got part of his schedule switched so as to avoid the kids responsible. He always looked unhappy when he came home from school. He really wants to homeschool and I think it might be better for him. He's very smart and tested high on a IQ test given to him several years ago. I'm looking for homeschooling materials that are free or fairly cheap or used. There are no co ops in my area or support groups. I live in a small town in Texas. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

oredeb
by debbie on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:39 PM

BlueBunchOfFlowers.gif image by THLTagsall moms!!

Momma2more
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Hi! I'm Meghan, I have 4 kids. My oldest is in first grade, I have 2 preschoolers and a 1 year old. My husband and I want to homeschool more than anything, but we are waiting until I can be home with the kids because Currently I am the only income for our family. I would love to learn about how others homeschool so that when I am able to I will be prepared.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)