Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Homeschooling Moms! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1: Introduce yourself by replying to this post. It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2: Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting. You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3: Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend. To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a Homeschooling Moms signature to your posts, click here:
Signatures for the Homeschooling Moms group!!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
foxfaith147
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Quoting InspiredMamaof3:

Hi, I'm Becky and I have three young children.  My oldest just turned 5 and will be starting kindergarten in the fall.  We've homeschooled for preschool this year and I'm having a lot of reservations about sending her to public school next year.  I used to be a teacher and while I love learning, I couldn't stand the public school system.  My main concern with homeschooling is that she'll be isolated.  I'd love ideas for helping her to have a good group of friends outside of a school environment.  

Also, while we are very spiritual, a lot of the curriculum options I've looked at are much too conservative for our beliefs.  If anyone has recommendations for curriculum options that are not religious, I would greatly appreciate it.  I also love the unit studies approach - so recommendations for that style would be wonderful.  

Thanks for your help.  I look forward to learning from and getting to know you.  Hope you have an inspiring day!

Hi i'm Cathy from Rutherfordton NC.  I am new also.  I use the AOP Lifepac for our homeschool.  It is God based but I would not call it Religious.  You can go on line and look at samples of what their book have. Each year is broken up into 10 chapters which  makes planning easier. 

homeskool32
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Hello! My name is Jennifer and I have 3 children I homeschool 2 sons 16 &9 and 1 daughter 12. Two oldest used to go to public school but decided to homeschool 4 years ago. I'm very blessed that we are able to. I favor PACES for curriculum . The kids seem to like them better too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MCochran37
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hi, 

My name is Michelle, Just joined. I have 2 boys that just turned 5 and 1.  I am currently doing first grade with my 5 yr old. Can't wait to get tips and ideas for our classroom!

oredeb
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM

welcome homeschool moms! come on in and post with us!

momkryssti
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

hello, i am new to homeschooling my fifth grader here in nevada. i am excited to find these groups.

crochetmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM

This looks like its gonna be a fun site...if i can just make myself sit down and "enjoy the coffee" :)

oredeb
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 6:06 PM

welcome momkryssti!!! and crochetmommy!!!!!

carebear1891
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Hello everyone, I am a homeschool mom of three boys. They are 9, 6, 4 yrs old. I am going to have another child in aug. but dont know what it is yet. I like to garden, paint, knit and ofcourse read. I love talking about curriculum and there arent alot of other homeschoolers around here so I am trying to find internet homeschool groups to get involved in. I am really excited about meeting other homeschoolers and those with the same interest. However I would also enjoy getting to know people with different interests.

4quivers
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Hello, I'm a 5yr homeschooling mum of 4 boys 9,8,4, and 2.  We are a free-loving and free spirited family from KANSAS!  Passionate about homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading, education, and our freedom.  Nice to meet you all!

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Welcome Carebear1891

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)