Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself.....

welcomeWelcome to Homeschooling Moms! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1: Introduce yourself by replying to this post. It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2: Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting. You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3: Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend. To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a Homeschooling Moms signature to your posts, click here:
Signatures for the Homeschooling Moms group!!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Replies (641-650):
oredeb
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 1:18 PM

welcome leona!!! you are at the right place!!! come on in and join us!

EiuGirl316
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Hi! I'm Leah from Chicago. Our son (Dylan, 3) is at the age where he should be in preschool. Unfortunately, we can't afford it so I'm thinking about making up lessons and teaching him myself. I'm here looking for ways to get started at home! :-)

vamom21
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Hello, We are new to Home Schooling this year. I have a fourth grader, who currently has mixed feelings about the transition out of public school. However, as a Military Family, Home Schooling will help us have family unity and less stress due to moving. Looking forward to getting tips and ideas from other HS Moms!

tatkins
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Hello! I'm Tara and I have 3 kids. 14, 12, and 6. I home schooled my older two thru 5th grade. (I wish I would have kept up thru middle school. My oldest started high school this year). Anyway, currently I'm homeschooling my 6 year old DD who is in first grade here in GA. I love it!!
Shari55
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Hello fellow Chicagoian! 

you are already teaching your son, by interacting with him, go to the Dollar Store and see if you can find flashcards with the Alphabet,Numbers and Shapes. Keep it fun, have crayons, paints(finger paint too), paper, and other things that could be used for Arts and Craft. Read to him, and have books out for him to look at. Sign him up for storytime at the library, and if you can the Parks have programs for Preschoolers.

Quoting EiuGirl316:

Hi! I'm Leah from Chicago. Our son (Dylan, 3) is at the age where he should be in preschool. Unfortunately, we can't afford it so I'm thinking about making up lessons and teaching him myself. I'm here looking for ways to get started at home! :-)

Shari, Preschool Teacher

nursenaenae
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM
I'm just dropping by to say Hi & Welcome to the new moms on here....
MrsImperfect
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Hello my name is Pam. Just joined. I have 3 kids. Two boys 11 and 9 and an almost 2yr old girl. Decided to home school for the first time ever. We will be moving to another city in September and my oldest son has tourettes adhd / add and its his first year in junior high. With his issues a move and new school (late at that) would be too hard on him. So I decided to home school. Hope it works out. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:32 AM

welcome vamom, tara and pam!!! great to have you here! come on in and join us!

EiuGirl316
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Thanks for your words! :-) I wasn't sure if I should keep doing what I'm doing or spend a little more time sitting him down. I know he doesn't have the longest attention span so I think I'll buy flashcards and other little things and go from there. :-)

Quoting Shari55:

Hello fellow Chicagoian! 

you are already teaching your son, by interacting with him, go to the Dollar Store and see if you can find flashcards with the Alphabet,Numbers and Shapes. Keep it fun, have crayons, paints(finger paint too), paper, and other things that could be used for Arts and Craft. Read to him, and have books out for him to look at. Sign him up for storytime at the library, and if you can the Parks have programs for Preschoolers.

Quoting EiuGirl316:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

SamHeiber
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Hi, my name is Sam, and I am a homeschooling/unschooling mom. My children are only 1 & 3, but I am their teacher now, and I will remain their teacher as they reach and develop through school age. I'm researching and planning now to ensure I have everything ready for when I have to provide documentation of my children's schooling. I joined this group because I need to learn everything I can about this, and I'd love to make new friends that aren't going to call me crazy for refusing to let a stranger teach my babies!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN