Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

TGIF! How did this week go?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

Any brags?

Anything you hope to work on next week?

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM

fantastic! busy week and busy friday!

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2012 at 7:13 PM

This week was a total bust.  Hubby's work was all weird so we go almost nothing done.

5BMom
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 7:54 PM
We had medical apointments in other towns... So we logged over 300 miles in two days and were exhausted today... We will work tomorrow and Sunday to catch up... Since Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday are shot next week.... Which means working next Saturday, too...UGH!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:19 PM

We had our ups & downs but it was not a terrible week.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM

School wise it was great, but outside that it was fine.  All in all this weekend looks to be a good one starting out our Friday night with all of us eating wings and enjoying a movie together :-)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Wow! That's a lot of driving.

Quoting 5BMom:

We had medical apointments in other towns... So we logged over 300 miles in two days and were exhausted today... We will work tomorrow and Sunday to catch up... Since Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday are shot next week.... Which means working next Saturday, too...UGH!!!!!

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Feb. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

It was a rough week. Shiloh was sick a few days so we didn't get much done. I hope to get caught up next week

Mom2theboy1994
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM
We had a math break through! My son has severe math anxiety. I've always fed into this, and coddled him. So earlier this week he was very much stuck in his own head space, verbally kicking himself because he has such a hard time. We were both frustrated, so I handed him his book, and told him to just read the section while I walked away to fold some clothes. When I came back he was working what I thought was the example problems. So I waited. It turned out he was working the problem sets. Allowing him to take it upon himself gave him the nudge he needed I guess. He nailed that section and the three sections since! He reads it and works the practice problems. We go over it, and he asks questions if needed. I can't believe it's that was all it took! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Ds is almost 11 and in 5th grade.

Great week.  We started using Life of Fred (Fractions) and ds loves it so far. We're only a few chapters away from finishing the spelling/grammar workbook and I already have the next level waiting.  We studied the scientific method all week and then made a visit to the NY Hall of Science.  Ds is loving his Star Wars novel (not a children's book), which is amazing since he just started really reading last year (we spent 2 years overcoming his dyslexia with lots of multi-sensoral word play).  We had a great discussion about the stock market, investing, and bonds.  Then, today we went to the Museum of American Finance with the homeschool group for a class on financial markets (all 5th & 6th graders).  I love homeschooling!  

5BMom
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Yeah... We are dealing with some mild sensory issues with DD... and we are in a small town... So we are running around to get either a diagnosis of SPD or Spoiled Brat, lol... we get the OT eval this week, see a feeding therapist, and then finish at a bevavioral pedi as the last step this Thursday... Either way, I will be glad to have it resolved... And back to a normal schedule.

Quoting mem82:

Wow! That's a lot of driving.

Quoting 5BMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)