Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do your husbands, partners help you homeschool?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM
  • 22 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britniwheeler
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my husband does. He isn't good about helping plan out lessons or shopping for supplies, but he helps teach our kids all the time. He wishes he could stay home and help all day, but some one has to work. lol

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this
He stays out of my way...that's a big help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM

he teaches them their Math in the evenings

AntroNet
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Funny someone should post this.  I was complaining once that he was not involved like I thought he should have been.  But now, I'm like..."we'll just start school when daddy leaves for work".  His patience is not as ...well, patient as mine.  LOL!  So I did limit him to the math (when I am not around so as not to make it more intense as it already is (hubby is a high expectations perfectionist), and Bible study...after all, how impatient can you get when talking about God? 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Rob is the science experiment/ hands on man. 8)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM

LOL My hubby isn't as patient, either, as me.

Quoting AntroNet:

Funny someone should post this.  I was complaining once that he was not involved like I thought he should have been.  But now, I'm like..."we'll just start school when daddy leaves for work".  His patience is not as ...well, patient as mine.  LOL!  So I did limit him to the math (when I am not around so as not to make it more intense as it already is (hubby is a high expectations perfectionist), and Bible study...after all, how impatient can you get when talking about God? 

ViridianSoul
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I'll be going back to work soon, so he'll be taking over ALL of the homeschooling of DS, who's almost six. I have every confidence in him because he's incredibly smart and he also has experience in homeschooling with his ex's daughter.

P.N._Guin
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Dh does calendar time when he's home in the mornings. We do a lot of crafting and playing, ds1 is only 3. Dh has a hard time with open ended anything, and sometimes gets frustrated when things aren't going "right". He's getting better now that his schedule allows him more time at home during the week.

Ds is also beginning to read. With dh he acts like he doesn't know the words. This frustrates him too. Ds just isn't used to having his dad so involved. *I* think he just needs to "do school" with Daddy more often, so he can see how cool his dad thinks it is that he's learning. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wowguildmomma
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM

DH teaches our math portion for the most part. Aside from that he helps plan how to incoroprate the science and math stuff together.

Jeremmy
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Hes too busy to truly 'do' school with him. He has a full time and part time job, plus full time school. He does make a point to ask about school and have logan show him what he learned that day though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)