Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Newbie Here and to Homeschooling, sort of!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone,

Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  I'm married and have two children.  Our youngest is our son, and he's in 3rd grade in our local public school.  Our oldest is nearly thirteen and in 7th grade.  She is homeschooled (her choice).  Actually, she went to private school for K-5 and had no problems whatsoever and made excellent grades.  When it came time for 6th grade--when kids here start middle school, we had to pull her out of the private school because we couldnt' afford the tuition anymore.  We gave her two options--the local middle school or homeschooling.  As for the local school, she wanted no part of it.  She told me she was worried about cliques, excess drama and drug use there and asked me and my husband to homeschool her through her middle school years.  After many, many hours of soul searching, we decided why not? 

This is our second year in homeschooling; she's now in seventh grade and doing well, though our days tend to be loose and I think she'd benefit from more structure.  She says her favorite part of the whole thing is getting me all to herself without her brother around. 

Looking forward to getting to know you all here!

--Piano Diva

by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Welcome!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Welcome! She sounds like a very well adjusted kid. 8)

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Glad to have you part of the group Piano Diva.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Welcome.  My name is Brenda and I have been at this for many years now. lol  All but one of my DC have already graduated from our homeschool.  Look forward to getting to know you.

oredeb
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM

welcome piano diva!!! sounds like your dd is enjoying school!! and her mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN