Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How easy is it to make...............

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM
  • 3 Replies

Your own lap books?  We have done a few with my DS and he loves them.  Today when I was at our library the librarian gave me an almost complete set of ChildCraft books.  She said she thought of me because my DS does not like to read and the books are on a certain topic and then each subject with in that topic may have 2-4 pages of easy reading, for example oceans, then it will have sharks, shells, birds, etc within the topic if that makes sense. 

I was looking through some of them this evening and they have just enough information in them that I think will get his attention, and he will want to learn more about it, that's what I am hoping for anyways!  I was thinking we could do some lap books to go along with what he is learning.  

The lap books I have used in the past have always had the things already printed on them, so would it be hard to make up your own as far as making the little books, and other things you usually put on a lap book, or are there any websites that I could print them off.  I am looking for something that is a little more challenging for a 5th grader who hates doing any thing resembling school especially writing!  Thank you.

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I think they are pretty easy. Check out lapbook lessons. com to find blank templates and maybe some ideas.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Enchanted learning has some good materials for this. Especially on oceans n marine stuff. It's $20 a year but well worth it if you have PreK to 4th graders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM

well i dont think it would be hard! but i like doing stuff like that.

type in the subject your are wanting and lapbook! that should find something oh yes and free at the end !!!hahah

example:

sharks lapbooks free

heres what i found      sharks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)