Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do you make the day go smoother when ot's Mommy who is cranky?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Have an extra cup of coffee, give the kids some easy assignments they can do on their own or put on an educational movie and go back to sleep for an hour.

I have made the,"I'm cranky and don't know why, so you better just buckle down and get done! " announcement a few times...lmao....my kids are old enough to not need much help though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM

hahahaha mem!! choose not to be cranky! your choice! think about it, if your cranky everyone else will be too! your setting the way it will go the day through!  pray before you get up!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM
I actually have to do this also. I tell myself it's my choice to be cranky or have a good day. I take a deep breath, put a smile on, and let go. Most of the time it works, unless I'm having a really really bad day. It seems when you make the decision it's going to be bad, it's worse than you even expect it to be. Lol
I won't pretend I don't have bad days, we have all read my posts. Lol! But I do know it's my choice. Sometimes I just choose to self destruct.

Quoting oredeb:

hahahaha mem!! choose not to be cranky! your choice! think about it, if your cranky everyone else will be too! your setting the way it will go the day through!  pray before you get up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:12 AM

lol Thats what I said to the kids while apologizing.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Have an extra cup of coffee, give the kids some easy assignments they can do on their own or put on an educational movie and go back to sleep for an hour.

I have made the,"I'm cranky and don't know why, so you better just buckle down and get done! " announcement a few times...lmao....my kids are old enough to not need much help though.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I keep telling myself that Mommy sets the tone but it wasn't making much of a dent.

Quoting oredeb:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

LOL Sometimes self destructing seems preferable to arguing the same fights this morning with my son.

Quoting Boobah:

I actually have to do this also. I tell myself it's my choice to be cranky or have a good day. I take a deep breath, put a smile on, and let go. Most of the time it works, unless I'm having a really really bad day. It seems when you make the decision it's going to be bad, it's worse than you even expect it to be. Lol
I won't pretend I don't have bad days, we have all read my posts. Lol! But I do know it's my choice. Sometimes I just choose to self destruct.

Quoting oredeb:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I decided to reset the day. We went to Walmart so I could pick up a few things and blare music in the truck. I think we are all better for the outing. 8)

oredeb
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 6:30 PM

yea!!!

Quoting mem82:

I decided to reset the day. We went to Walmart so I could pick up a few things and blare music in the truck. I think we are all better for the outing. 8)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)