Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

my children are 11 and 9. i rewally need some help with curriculum for them. if anyone could please help me i would appreciate it!!

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (21-21):
sbrast35
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Hi, I am thinking of homeschooling my 13 yr old son next year for 8th grade. He has ADD and is on meds for it. He gets great grades in school like A's and B's but he struggles in some areas. He has a hard time doing the homework when he gets home. Sometimes the teachers go too fast and he can't write down what he needs to. Right now a few kids are picking on him and saying hurtful things on why he's slow at doing some things and so shy. I've already spoke with all his teachers and principals and they talked with the kids responsible and the teachers spoke in their classes about not teasing other students and it won't be tolerated. He also got part of his schedule switched so as to avoid the kids responsible. He always looked unhappy when he came home from school. He really wants to homeschool and I think it might be better for him. He's very smart and tested high on a IQ test given to him several years ago. I'm looking for homeschooling materials that are free or fairly cheap or used. There are no co ops in my area or support groups. I live in a small town in Texas. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)