Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oregon moms medford area HELP

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am looking into trying to homeschool my junior high student as he is not getting the education that he deserves where he is at and i cant move him into the other district unless the current one says that he can move......I have no idea where to start or how to do this......HHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP I need to add that i am very low income so i need to know if i can financially even do this.....

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
oredeb
by debbie on Feb. 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM

what grade in jr high is he??

heres the medford homeschool group  http://www.meetup.com/homeschool-821/

you might want to get hold of them also, they might have someone who can help you with what to pick out, hs laws etc.

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM

It is easier than you might think...the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time..

• Start with the legal issues. Normally your State Home School Association is the best place, but I do not find one in Organ with that information.  But the Home School Legal Defense Association has some information for you at this link. 
  • Important note:  Home School is not the class room.  So the next step is to understand your child's learning style  Four videos on that here.   
  • Home Schooled children outperform their Public Schooled counterparts simply because home educators do things differently.  Here is some information on that.  (Since your child is nearing high school pay particular attention to  Dual Enrollment)
  • As a teenager  you will want to make sure your son is on board with this project by involving him in the research, and decision making.  It helps to prevent power struggles which teens are so prone to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)