Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you think EVERYONE is capable of homeschooling?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think everyone/anyone is capable of successfully home educating their child(ren)?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-14):
Jeremmy
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Yes. However it comes easier to some people than others. Also, some people are not motivated enough or maybe even care enough to give it a legitimate try.

5BMom
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 6:01 PM
No... One friend comes to mind... She is constantly on FB complaining when her kids are off school or when it is the weekend. She comes off if as hating to be around her kids... She should not homeschool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kerseygeek
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM
No I don't think every child should be homeschooled. My oldest was a natural with learning & has benefited greatly by being schooled at home. But we have discovered with our middle child that she really needs the scheduled organization of a school environment along with being taught by someone other than mommy. She also needs the social aspect of school not only for friends but for the positive aspect of seeing others working & realizing that she has to also. We do plan to send her to a good well-chosen private school though & will reevaluate her each year. Only time will tell what we do with our youngest. I think you have to be open & do what's best for each child.
wright1212
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM

NO. I've seen it in both ways too. A few days ago a parent asked me about and how she wants to. I told her, but if she ask anymore Im going to try to find a way to nicely say not for you. She is grandma that lives with her DD and her GDD, and wants to homeschool GDD. She doesnt understand alot of things, doesnt get the big picture, both her and DD work full time. It would put a major strain on their family since they have extreme limited resources (which is not a reason why not, but when put with other factors), no computer, no phone, limited transportation. Mostly she is girl scout leader constantly asking me how, ive told her things many times she doesnt retain or understand. This is hard to explain here. I know another mom who has her son in 2 COOP's, 3 private tutors ect. She also took him to 6 doctors to have him checked for learning disability-she didnt like the first 5 saying he is fine, so she stuck with the 6th docs aspergers dx-I totally disagree and dont think he has it. OH just remembered 1more, she owned a daycare and kept her son there in the prek class for K-1. She never could tell me when they did school work!! This just screamed warning to me.

And like other, those who truly dont want to be with their kids-they will never be capable. Also some parents are meant to work-its their nature to work out of home. Some families have to work full time jobs and cant be home to homeschool. Also some dont have the patience or have the wrong intentions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN