Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

continue homeschooling or send back to public school?

Posted by   + Show Post

We started homeschooling this yr for 4th grade.  It is going fabulous.  My hubby thinks that we should put him back into public school for 6th grade on so he does not miss out on anything socially and so it will look better for college.  Any thoughts? Advice?

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (11-14):
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:40 AM
maggiandmike
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Colleges don't care if you're homeschooled or not. They care about ACT and SAT scores. My cousin was homeschooled, and graduated at 16 and got a full ride to a private university, and then went on to get a full ride for a Master's too.

Kerseygeek
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I would never in a million years put my child in a situation that would cause him harm & distress. I would fight tooth & nail against anyone who would tell me otherwise. You did the right thing & it has already worked wonders. Stay strong & remind your husband the reasons why you did this to begin with.
h_minkus
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

In my opinion, if there is ever a time in life to homeschool versus ps, it's MIDDLE SCHOOL! Yuck! The WORST time in a kid's life. Especially if your kid has been dealing with bullying etc. I say IF you consider sending him back to PS (which I don't think is necessary at all) wait until like Junior year of HS or something....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN