Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Georgia Home School Conference

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am SUPER excited. We just bought our plane tickets and booked our hotel room! We are new to homeschooling....well we haven't "officially" started yet but....Hubby and I are flying to Georgia to attend this conference. We are leaving the kids behind and we are going alone. We will get to learn all about it together and without the kids.

Anyone else going to this???

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anna92464
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I live in Georgia.  Which conference are you referring to?

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Wow!  That's a bit far for us.  Part of me wants to go to one of those big conferences someday, but I really like our Wyoming State Conference because it's family friendly and there are ministry projects for the kids to do while the adults are in sessions!

KalsMommy
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Georgia Home Education Association it's on May 3rd-May 5th

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Awesome.  The first one I went to was a bit overwhelming...too much to see, and learn.  Here are some tips that others shared with me.

• The Convention organizers usually mail you a book of workshop schedules, vendors (booths), ext. 
  • before the convention begins, go through the book, and decide which workshops you want to attend, and which booths interest you  (usually one can save on curriculum at these events...the best curriculum is usually created by home educators).  
  • The book also gives you website addresses.  So if something interests you, visit the website before going to the Convention.
  • If some of the workshops you want to attend are at the same time, you and your husband can split up, and take notes for the other.
  • don't buy any curriculum the first two days (most Conventions last 3 days).  Of the booths that interest you, take the first  day to make a quick run by each eliminating the ones that do not interest you. 
  • On the remaining days,  return to the booths that interest you most.  Usually they will give you free demonstrations, and personal information.  
  • On the last day, return to the booths that have the curriculum that you and your husband decide you want to purchase.
  • Have Fun!!!!
KalsMommy
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 6:41 PM

THANK YOU soooo much for your tips!!! I am thrilled to go. We are also going to just get away for a couple days, alone without the kids. A all around trip!

Quoting romacox:

Awesome.  The first one I went to was a bit overwhelming...too much to see, and learn.  Here are some tips that others shared with me.

• The Convention organizers usually mail you a book of workshop schedules, vendors (booths), ext. 
  • before the convention begins, go through the book, and decide which workshops you want to attend, and which booths interest you  (usually one can save on curriculum at these events...the best curriculum is usually created by home educators).  
  • The book also gives you website addresses.  So if something interests you, visit the website before going to the Convention.
  • If some of the workshops you want to attend are at the same time, you and your husband can split up, and take notes for the other.
  • don't buy any curriculum the first two days (most Conventions last 3 days).  Of the booths that interest you, take the first  day to make a quick run by each eliminating the ones that do not interest you. 
  • On the remaining days,  return to the booths that interest you most.  Usually they will give you free demonstrations, and personal information.  
  • On the last day, return to the booths that have the curriculum that you and your husband decide you want to purchase.
  • Have Fun!!!!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM
I'm going to the one in Cincinnati in April, very excited! We went last year. Overwhelming for sure, but fantastic!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN