Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What has been your most favorite piece of curriculum or resourse?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

Did your kids enjoy it, too?

by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM

hahaha mem i like the way you asked 'did the kids enjoy it too'!!hahaha

well since im still using them after 20 years one would have to be rod and staff english and another saxon math, and a chalk board! also abeka 9th grade geography, rod and staff art packets, abeka blue back speller, i think its called the handbook for reading now, rod and staff 1st and 2nd grade math workbooks, christian liberty nature readers-all of them, streams of civilization-history, bju bible truths, christian liberty spelling workbooks, rod and staff preschool workbooks,  eagles nest-considering gods creation, also the owl and mouse site its been around for years, well theres a few things

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

*shivers* I hate the feel of chalk!!!

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM

The Internet & yes my children love it.

oredeb
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 1:32 PM

oops! you said one piece!!

noraa21
by Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Teaching Tedxtbooks for math and my DS loves them, he can do it on his own, good thing becasue I suck at math!

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Games and real life experiences. When I do use a curriculum, I like those that are designed by home school families like Math U See and Ring Around the Phonics.

SilentDraconia
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Brain pop. Reading eggs. And jumpstart. They all come with some worksheets as well as games and videos. The kids love them. We also do board games and outside games like math hopscotch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msmed
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I've been wondering about Brain Pop . . . do you think it's worth the money?  It looks great but I'm afraid we wouldn't use it enough.  Maybe we would if I have to pay 100 bucks for it - ha!  Looks like a great supplement for a lot of things we're working on though.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

You can get a 5 day free trial of brain pop to see if you like it.  We did, and I loved it and so did my daughter, but Hubby won't let us spend the money for a membership :(  You can still get a free membership to the teacher resource area that has some good lesson plan ideas....

Quoting msmed:

I've been wondering about Brain Pop . . . do you think it's worth the money?  It looks great but I'm afraid we wouldn't use it enough.  Maybe we would if I have to pay 100 bucks for it - ha!  Looks like a great supplement for a lot of things we're working on though.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I loved brain pop while we had our free trial lol.  Pinterest right now is my favorite resource.  I find tons of awesome ways to help teach, posters, experiments, and hands on projects :)...o and of course a million other websites to find all this stuff AND games to play

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)