Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you homeschool?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 19 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Unschool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
globalhorse45
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I plan on doing a classroom setting.  Unit Studies, TB and WB for some parts of Islamic Studies.  Book reports, history projects, science experiments, field trips.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:05 PM

We are rigorous, classically scholastic while taking a chronological history approach (no social studies), STEM centered home educators.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM

We're eclectic. 8)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I like reading the different methods, though. It's neat!

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I would say eclectic with a strong bent toward unschooling.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I guess we fall under the eclectic approach. We do a mix of text books (that we barely use and use it mostly as a guide), workbooks/worksheets, lots of hands on learning, games, field trips, and audio/visual materials.  It all depends on what subject and what the subject matter is on how we go about learning it. Both of us get bored if we keep doing the same things over and over.  Some days she wants me to be more involved with teaching, and other days she wants to do the work entirely by herself. I think I have at least three different possible ways to teach each subject each day to accomodate her mood. lol

adelphi13
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I don't think I fall under a type.  I liked reading about some here that you posted that I wasn't aware of.  Thanks!  This is a very nice list! 

lucsch
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

A combination of the first 5. LOL

Do-it-my-way eclectic.  I am drawn to CM and some elements of classical mostly. I also like the unit study concept.

Even though I love our HOD curriculum. I still add and change it to suit us.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Eclectic/Charlotte mason/classical with a touch of whatever feels right at the time. Haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)