Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to the group and new to homeschooling

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi,My name is Melissa and this is my first year homeschooling.I have a 10 year old son that is in 4th grade and I have 7 year old daughter that is in 2nd grade.We homeschool through a charter school.We live in Los Banos CA. My husband works but when hes home he helps me out alot with school.

by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I've heard that CA is a highly regulated, difficult state to homeschool in and that you have to belong to a charter?

Good luck! It's an adventure! I have a 10 year old also (5th/6th grade girl). Let me know if you have any age specific questions :)

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

oredeb
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

welcome welcome melissa!!! fun ages!

what type of curr. do you all use?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Hello! I have four kids, Missie 10yo 4th grade, Cole 7 yo 1st grade, Theo 2yo and Nikki 5 months. 8) Welcome to the group!! How do the kids like it?

swim-mom72
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM

WELCOME! Congrats on your new adventure of homeschooling. My name is Crystal and I homeschool my 2 boys, ages 11(6th grade) and 14(9th grade).

calimom1123
by on Feb. 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Actually Ca is very easy. All you have to do is sign a form online in oct saying you are hsing. Its simple. Nothing else is required besides taking attendance but its never checked. No set number of days either. I dont use a charter.

Oh and to the op I live very close to you! But we are moving in two weeks up north. My dd is 7 in 3rd grade.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I've heard that CA is a highly regulated, difficult state to homeschool in and that you have to belong to a charter?

Good luck! It's an adventure! I have a 10 year old also (5th/6th grade girl). Let me know if you have any age specific questions :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Welcome Melissa
itsrks
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Agreeing with Calimom. California is a great homeschooling state.

WELCOME!

Get HEART (Help and support, Expansion of the mind and heart, Academic excellence, Realization of unique genius, and Training of heart) for less than $1 a day!  http://www.upliftingeducation.net/

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!  My name is Brenda and I am winding down on my home educating. I am down to my last child :)

melissa3k
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM

For math we use Teaching Text books, spelling we use a work book, easy grammer,My son uses corrective reading B1 and my daughter uses best practices in reading work book. For science we are studing Space and astromany and for history we love The story of the world acient history and we are learning about california 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)