Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Homeschooling is making me sooo ....

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM
  • 19 Replies

What??? What have you noticed that you are more aware of since homeschooling ...

For me it's being nitpicky with grammar!  LMAO I was reading the Dept. of Education thread and the comment was...

not to trust them with our kids  PERIOD?

I looek at it and thought - with our kids that's the prepositional phrase! 

I find myself doing this will all sorts of things, board posts, other kid's writing (like my Scouts), and I just sit here and laugh.. not at their typos but at my brain for sitting there doing grammar when I post!

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Hey now...no picking on me!  I wasn't going for grammatical perfection with the whole "period" comment LOL!!  

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM
LOL...I was complimenting your mastery of prepositional phrases! :)

Before using Easy Grammar... I can't ever recall hearing the term "prepositional phrase" let alone knowing what one was!

I love learning along with the kids!

Quoting katzmeow726:

Hey now...no picking on me!  I wasn't going for grammatical perfection with the whole "period" comment LOL!!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM

hey thats my sentence also! !! but i dont care if anyone doesnt like my grammar! i dont even use capital or periods anymore!hahahahah guess whats my least favorite subject is!!

that is great jinx, your more aware of all that stuff, the kids wont get away with nothin

! theres another homeschool group i belong to and oh boy does it bother some of them and they always bring it up with very rude comments! 

i cant even think of what im more aware of since homeschooling!

Janis198
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

you spelled "Look" wrong.   runs.... LOL

I am just starting homeschooling. 

Janis

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:21 PM
LMAO.... I hate posting from my phone... darn look!

Quoting Janis198:

you spelled "Look" wrong.   runs.... LOL

I am just starting homeschooling. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 12:28 PM

my mom is obsessed with english grammar! hahahaha

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 5:54 PM

LOL I don't worry about spelling or grammar online, unless someone is being a jerk about how homeschooling isn't good for kids. 8) Then, if they right how, "There education is lacking because there at home," I am afraid I'm going to have to correct them. LOLOLOL I, also, admit, that I hate deciphering things that are all in 'text talk' with 'u' for you and 'y' for why. I very rarely even respond if it's so bad that I can't pick through it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I will admit, that homeschooling is making me a better speller, though!

bether89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I am more aware of learning experiences in everyday life.  For example, math in measuring ingredients for recipes and things like that.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I just hate texting lingo. Besides lol and such. When people type "r u getting a cat". That bugs me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)