Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Worried

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
I will be new to homeschooling this Fall. We finally made that decision but I seem to have moments were I am second guessing myself. Do you ever second guess yourself or have those days of concern wondering if you are able to do it all?
Thanks! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danielle163
by on Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I think how you are feeling is very normal. I just try to remember that even when we have a short day, DD is still getting a much better education at home due to the one on one attention. You will do great!

Precious333
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2012 at 8:39 PM

you can do it!! Do you have the book " Successful Homeschooling Family Handbook"?

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM
We are 2/3 through our first year and I still second guess myself all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM
3 moms liked this

The fact that you feel this way tells me that you are quite capable when it comes to home schooling.  It shows you care.  If you have that, you will figure the rest out.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I'm in my fourth year and sometimes, I second guess myself, but by now I have enough success that I can shake it off. 8) You can do this! Remember homeschooling is a lifestyle, and you can sneak in schooling everywhere.

bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I Never did simply because I knew I was never going to send my children back to that government institution called public schools. No matter how we did for our schooling I knew it was better than the schools.   As someone else recommended you need to get a copy of "The Successful Homeschool Family Handbook" by the Moores.  I have recommended that book to new home educators for many years. 

globalhorse45
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM
I know I won't get any support from my family for doing a trial-run of homeschool for Pre-K or possibly Kindergarten if our kids are old enough to enter the Pre-K room for daycare. I'm not sure if I will homeschool after Pre-K, that's why I'm going to do a trial run of homeschool to see if I can do it. I think every parent feels the way you do about doubting yourself and wondering if you are making the right decision for yourself and your children. That is only natural.
Chastity512
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
What are the ages/grades of your kids you will be home schooling?
I am extremely nervous myself, as I am in your shoes also! I will
Be HSing a 2nd grader, k-5, & preschooler! Not to mention....expecting a baby in April!
Can I really do this? I'm so scared myself! (second guessing)
My children are currently attending a Christian Private School...they've never been to public!

Quoting Saraho5:

I will be new to homeschooling this Fall. We finally made that decision but I seem to have moments were I am second guessing myself. Do you ever second guess yourself or have those days of concern wondering if you are able to do it all?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saraho5
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Mine will be a first grader (6), PreK (3), and I also have a one year old. Sooo, I don't plan on doing "a lot" with the 3/4 year old. I'm just concerned how can I keep the younger ones entertained while trying to give quality info/time to my first grader?!?!

Quoting Chastity512:

What are the ages/grades of your kids you will be home schooling?

I am extremely nervous myself, as I am in your shoes also! I will

Be HSing a 2nd grader, k-5, & preschooler! Not to mention....expecting a baby in April!

Can I really do this? I'm so scared myself! (second guessing)

My children are currently attending a Christian Private School...they've never been to public!

Quoting Saraho5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saraho5
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Chasity512, have you chosen what curriculum you are using?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)