Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

what time do you start school?

Posted by   + Show Post

just wondering if you ladies have a set time to start school in your home? we used to start like 8:30 - 9 am, but that would only happen like 3 days out of our week, because of bringing hubby to work or helping my mom, then i started schooling another child, and we started around 10 - 10:30am with no interuptions, i unplugged house phone, and told everyone to only call for emergency on cell from 10am to 1pm.

so what time do you start? same everyday? do you think a certain time to start school is better than another?

thank you

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Replies (11-14):
mynameismuerte
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM
DS absolutely loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney. That comes on at 8:30 and he knows when that's over we get started. Sometimes we have other things going on so it's later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I would like it to be 9 am every day. However, we have been having cycles of colds n illnesses and I've been letting everyone sleep in. Today school didn't start until about 10:30 am as I had to wake 2 kids at 10am and I give them time for breakfast before we start.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

TheHappyChicken
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM

We start around 7:30am and finish around 9am... sometimes it takes longer depending on how much effort the kids are putting in.. then off and on during the day the kids sit down and work on something together. 

buzymom93
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Quoting Danielle163:

We usually get started around 11:30AM-12:30PM. DD is a nightowl and I have just accepted that is her inner clock. I used to wear myself out trying to get her to bed early. We don't start the same time every day. I think whatever works for you & your family is best. Because if you had to, you could homeschool in the evening. So, I think whatever works is cool.

this is basically me.. my son is a night owl as well.. i love the flexibility of homeschooling

Christian Homeschooling Mamma to two wonderful, busy, boys... Mario, 19yrs, and Isaiah, 6yrs

Check out my blog:    http://ourcrazyhomeschoollife.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN