Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Crafts

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 22 Replies

So I was thinking that maybe it would be fun to do some crafts with the kids. What kind of crafting projects do you do with yours?

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Right now we are making medieval costumes.

imtheonlysane1
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM

oo that sounds cool!

So far on my list  is :

Hot air balloons (paper mache)

Houses (popsicle sticks)

Volcanoes

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM
DS2 will be doing the earth's crust and has been begging to do a volcano so that is coming soon! Lol

We don't do a lot of crafty things. DS1 says he's too old, DS2 never really liked them, DD does things each week @ her learning center class.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:04 PM

My kids always come up with different things to make with out my input. The only thing they need from me is to help make it when knives are needed to saw thru thick cardboard.

imtheonlysane1
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM

All of my kids LOVE to make things. I will admit though that when I talked to my oldest about it he rolled his eyes when I said "crafts" lol. After I told him what I had in mind though he was happy. I was thinking that with each thing they make they could maybe do a report on them. For example : When making the hot air balloons they can do some research to learn why hot air balloons stay in the air etc.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:36 PM
My kids are super crafty like their momma :)
This week we are going to start learning about the sewing machine, how to be safe, etc and making a simple project.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imtheonlysane1
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM

That sounds like fun :) I do not have a sewing machine but I was thinking of maybe doing a cross stitch project with them.

Quoting Boobah:

This week we are going to start learning about the sewing machine, how to be safe, etc and making a simple project.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I don't know why, but my oldest has a hard time hand sewing (lacing projects).  I'm not sure how well she would do with cross stitch right now.  She is only 6, but I was surprised that she had a hard time making a dora pillow hand sewing.  I'm going to have to work with her on it, but she gets so frustrated! 

Quoting imtheonlysane1:

That sounds like fun :) I do not have a sewing machine but I was thinking of maybe doing a cross stitch project with them.

Quoting Boobah:

Saraho5
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM
My kiddos are young: 1 3 & 6. So they love paint. They are fascinated with glue lol. We "painted" with pudding last week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imtheonlysane1
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I was thinking when I did the cross stitching with the boys I would come up with a little sewing project with my daughter since she is only 5 (will be 6 this month). The dora pillow sounds cool is there a site you found it on?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)