Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ages of your kids?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 19 Replies
What are the ages in your house? I will be homeschooling a 6 year old this Fall. I also have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Any advice or tips on getting lessons & such taught with younger ones running around?
:-) thx!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM

mine are 18;8 & 6.  Have fun, it is important to make it fun & enjoyable for all of them.

amommyslife03
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM

my boys are 11&9 and my girls are 6&2  im just starting out pulled them from school a couple days before x mas break and weve been de schooling now just waiting for our books to get here to start

Gumberly
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Mine are 7(just turned ) and 4 year old twins. I wish I had some great tips, only thing I can say is lots of trial and error.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM

My oldest is 6.5 (7 at the end of July)  My middle is 2.5 (3 at the end of April), and I am due early June with girl #3. 

For us, I created a craft/game closet.  I put shelving all the way down/up and made the bottom two shelves all things my 2 year old could do on her own.  Puzzles, crayons and coloring books, blocks, tinker toys, games.  Then on the third shelf, I put things my 6 yo could do on her own.  Construction paper, glue, her scissors (pushed way back), beads, play doh, cards, etc.  The top two shelves are mine, or things they can't do without me.  Difficult games, paint and paint brushes, my stickers, extra supplies. 

This is a new thing for us, we've had it about a month, but it has been working amazingly well.  The youngest one loves having her own shelf, but often wants "sissy's games".  So it is nice that the older one has things they can do together when I am busy. 

Now, when the baby comes, things may be different.  LOL

adelphi13
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Mine are 2,4 and 7 in two weeks.

mynameismuerte
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Our boys are 6, 3 and 2. We turned our dining room into the school room and everything the 2yo can't touch is in there. Just for the record my 2yo is super wild and crazy, lol. Anyways, typically the little two play in their playroom (family room) while we get school stuff done. Sometimes I put a movie on for them, sometimes they color at the table while we're doing schoolwork. It really varies. We also save the stuff that's more involved for me for when the other 2 are napping, like new math concepts and spelling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Mine are DD11, DS7, DDS2 and DD5months. Nap times are good times to work on the 'hard stuff'. Include the preschooler when you can, it's amazing what they will pick up. 8)

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Mine are 14 yo Eighth grader, 11yo 5th grader and 8 yo 3rd grader.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

noraa21
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I'm not much help I only have one a 10 y.o. boy.

oredeb
by debbie on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM

the ones ive graduated are 31, 29, 28 and 27  ,the kids im teaching now are 11,12, 13,14,14

when my kids were young they were always running around! hahahaha i just included them in what we were doing(baby i use one of those materical things), sometimes it was hard! but we survived! i had special toys or tapes and a playpen for the younger ones when i needed to teach the older ones a certain thing like phonics lessons, etc. training my little ones to play for a certain amount of time with the toys or ? i  had for them helped a lot! also i took advantage of naps and night time! the little ones learned a lot from me just teaching the older one, its amazing what they pick up!

our homeschooling, so you can set the scene, you dont have to to it like the public schoools do! patience! and being constant!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)