Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ouch! I think that was my ego. 8(

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

At a Valentine's Party today, I was talking to another mom friend. The topic came around to ages. She asked me how old I am.

me: "I'm 29."

her, with a chuckle and a wink: "29 and holding, huh?"

me: "Um, no. I'm just twenty nine."

her: "Oh...when were you born?"

me: "October of 1982."

*sigh* I'm going to try to let the fact that I have four kids, including a toddler and a 5month old sop my ego a bit.

8(

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shajdinyak
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Sorry momma. People need to think before they speak. I had someone ask me when I was due...four months after my second csection. It really upset me because I've always been skinny!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adelicious
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Ouch! That's as bad as asking someone their pregnant when they're not! People need to think before they speak!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM

hugs

Quoting shajdinyak:

Sorry momma. People need to think before they speak. I had someone ask me when I was due...four months after my second csection. It really upset me because I've always been skinny!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I know! She wasn't trying to be mean, she just didn't think.

Quoting Adelicious:

Ouch! That's as bad as asking someone their pregnant when they're not! People need to think before they speak!

oredeb
by debbie on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM

awwwwwww well she probably thought that cuz you have all the kids, i noticed more moms arent having kids till in their thirties nowdays!

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM

People are weird and she sounds like a very weird one.  I have never seen the reason for lying about ones age.

I have had people think I was older when I was out with my children, many actually say they just thought so because I have so many kids and there's an assumed gap between the children's ages (which there isn't in my case).  I have never tried to guess the age of a person based on their child, but I guess this is not an uncommon practice people try.  Personally I would feel embarrassed if I were wrong... I hope that woman was when she said that to you, maybe the next time she won't assume so much.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Awww, I'm with Debbie, it was probably because of how many kids. It's crazy how many people I know are just starting at 35. I'm 30 and this is my last. (I mean it this time. Haha)
But yeah, my chiro asked if I wanted to use the maternity table - this was several months before I was pregnant. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM

True, true

Quoting oredeb:

awwwwwww well she probably thought that cuz you have all the kids, i noticed more moms arent having kids till in their thirties nowdays!

Janis198
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I have had this happen a couple times too.

Quoting shajdinyak:

Janis

Janis198
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM

lol I said that at 30 also, but had 2 more after that, lol.

I'm 36 and i really think I am done this time.  6 is a good #  for me, Although we have not done anything permanent to stop having babies. :)

Quoting Boobah:

Awww, I'm with Debbie, it was probably because of how many kids. It's crazy how many people I know are just starting at 35. I'm 30 and this is my last. (I mean it this time. Haha)
But yeah, my chiro asked if I wanted to use the maternity table - this was several months before I was pregnant. :(

Janis

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)