Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ouch! I think that was my ego. 8(

Posted by   + Show Post

At a Valentine's Party today, I was talking to another mom friend. The topic came around to ages. She asked me how old I am.

me: "I'm 29."

her, with a chuckle and a wink: "29 and holding, huh?"

me: "Um, no. I'm just twenty nine."

her: "Oh...when were you born?"

me: "October of 1982."

*sigh* I'm going to try to let the fact that I have four kids, including a toddler and a 5month old sop my ego a bit.

8(

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Replies (11-13):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Wow! You woukd think they would read your chart before asking something like that.

Quoting Boobah:

Awww, I'm with Debbie, it was probably because of how many kids. It's crazy how many people I know are just starting at 35. I'm 30 and this is my last. (I mean it this time. Haha)
But yeah, my chiro asked if I wanted to use the maternity table - this was several months before I was pregnant. :(

sandra1023
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Quoting Adelicious:

Ouch! That's as bad as asking someone their pregnant when they're not! People need to think before they speak!

Yep!

I went to Bingo with a friend and her jokster husband one night.  One of their friends came over and was talking to my friend.  I thought she was a girl that my friend had been talking about who was finally pregnant after trying for awhile.  I made the mistake of asking her husband if that was her and he says yes.  he then says, "Ask her to tell you about her due date.  It's a really funny story."  Stupid me then looks at her and asks her about her due date.  Needless to say, it wasn't the same girl.  She was very annoyed and I was so embarrased.  I wanted to tell her that even if she was as skinny as a supermodel I would have still thought she was that girl, b/c that girl had just found out, therefore wouldn't be showing yet.  But, luckily I realized before I said it that it wouldn't come out the way I would mean it.  lol

~
If you're a crafter, please check out my Facebook blog. :)
Be Hoppy Crafting
Adelicious
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 7:46 AM

LOL! What a brat! I probably would have said something like, "Just want you to know, you don't look pregnant--so n' so told me you were because he wanted to get me in trouble!" 

Quoting sandra1023:

Quoting Adelicious:

Ouch! That's as bad as asking someone their pregnant when they're not! People need to think before they speak!

Yep!

I went to Bingo with a friend and her jokster husband one night.  One of their friends came over and was talking to my friend.  I thought she was a girl that my friend had been talking about who was finally pregnant after trying for awhile.  I made the mistake of asking her husband if that was her and he says yes.  he then says, "Ask her to tell you about her due date.  It's a really funny story."  Stupid me then looks at her and asks her about her due date.  Needless to say, it wasn't the same girl.  She was very annoyed and I was so embarrased.  I wanted to tell her that even if she was as skinny as a supermodel I would have still thought she was that girl, b/c that girl had just found out, therefore wouldn't be showing yet.  But, luckily I realized before I said it that it wouldn't come out the way I would mean it.  lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN