Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My DD's friend said to her "home schooling doesn't count"

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

I can only imagine what she has been taught, since her mom is curently takeing classes to be a teacher.  I didn't take it personally because her attitude was being silly, so I listened to my dd stick up for herself and say that she works hard.  The difference between the two girls is the one is in the Gifted And Talented Ed. school, and my dd is more of an artist.  They are good friends though. 

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Aww, that's hard. My DD sometimes has to deal with that in her girl scout troop. 8(

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Mine does also !!! She asked me why all the girls were acting so crazy. They kept saying Oh I would love to do nothing all day to her. She said I probably learn more at museums and the library then you do here!!

Quoting mem82:

Aww, that's hard. My DD sometimes has to deal with that in her girl scout troop. 8(

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I think it's the age of the girls. My DD is such a pasifist and a 'live and let live' kind of person so she gets a little confused by it. LOL

Quoting bugayfamilyof4:

Mine does also !!! She asked me why all the girls were acting so crazy. They kept saying Oh I would love to do nothing all day to her. She said I probably learn more at museums and the library then you do here!!

Quoting mem82:

peanut06
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Teach her to name off exceptional celebrities and artists who are homeschooled, including Tim Tebow.  Since he's hot news right now, that might resonate with a child this age.  And, then how many of our esteemed Presidents have been homeschooled, even after public schooling became more available :)

homeschool 

Happy momma and natural birth, homeschooling, and ERF advocate!
Danielle163
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I don't think that sounds like much of a friend.................I thought friends were suppose to support each other, not try to bring the other down.

1Redapple
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Great idea.  Didn't Lincoln learn to read on his own, in his log cabin.  When I was a child I pictured Abe Lincoln in a cabin with one wooden table all by himself reading books.  If I had a quicker witt, I should have explained that all of the work assigned in any given school day could take 8 hours to do.  When I enter attendance, the computer says she did 8 hours of school every day.  I'll have to remember that one, and be more bold.

Quoting peanut06:

Teach her to name off exceptional celebrities and artists who are homeschooled, including Tim Tebow.  Since he's hot news right now, that might resonate with a child this age.  And, then how many of our esteemed Presidents have been homeschooled, even after public schooling became more available :)

oredeb
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM

sounds like something shes heard mom say!! repeating! well you and dd can teach and show her different! so she can correct mom! poor kids she only knows what shes fed.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Aw, that's too bad :(

That's good you let them kinda work it out though, it's good to have an opportunity to stick up for what you know is right to your friends.  

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
:( Julias friend said something similar. "I wish my mom would homeschool me so I didn't have to do any school work". But they are 6 and don't really understand. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN