Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Did I just pick that up or am I losing my mind?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 20 Replies

The title to the post explains my day.  I feel like I have done nothing but cooked, washed dishes, picked up things off the floor, seen toys everywhere, washed dishes again, cooked again, then saw toys all over the place.   Oh man..  I know we are home a lot because we homeschool and I am glad I don't have 8 hours a day monday-friday to myself.. I really love being with my boys.  But, lately any clutter or mess around the house has been driving me batty.   So.. How clean is your house since you homeschool.  Do you thrive for a clean house (everything put in it's place) or does your house look lived in?   I would rather CHILL and be able to stand my house how it is and spend time with my children..why is it so hard!?     Anyone else struggling with house keeping?

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danielle163
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a new puppy so she is confined to the kitchen for potty training 101. Couple that with homeschooling and yes, my house has totally looked better! Are You Smarter Than a  5th Grader is almost over and then I'm off to clean blinds and the bathroom. DD and DH have been recruited to watch the pup-LOL I try not to stress too much, but I like have a clean house.

Kaylon
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel alittle better knowing I'm not the only one. :) 

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 6:33 AM
3 moms liked this

I use to until I heard a workshop in which the leader said the following:

He said, "no one wants to think about death, but this is important. "

"So close your, and pretend you are attending your own funeral. Now ask yourself, what do you want to be remembered for?" He paused, and then  continued, "I bet it had nothing to do with having a clean house ....  Take the thing you want to be remembered for, and live your life with that as your guiding star."

Boy did my habits change after that workshop.

msmed
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah, I can completely relate.  I've always been a bit of neat freak but I've had to give some of that up, just for my own sanity.  I still try to keep clutter to a minimum because I find that I have trouble focusing when things are really piled up.  I know, I know.  It's our first year of homeschooling so I'm hoping that you just find a groove to integrate cleaning in with all of the other things that need to be done.  It's definitely not a priority over educating my children of course.  I'm trying to get accustomed to the dust & dog hair that I don't have time to clean.  :P

Kaylon
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Was this at a homeschool workshop?  If so, do you remember the speakers name?  

That is an eye opener 

Quoting romacox:

"So close your, and pretend you are attending your own funeral. Now ask yourself, what do you want to be remembered for?" He paused, and then  continued, "I bet it had nothing to do with having a clean house ....  Take the thing you want to be remembered for, and live your life with that as your guiding star."

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I can relate 100%.  My house looks like a bomb went off big time lately and I just haven't had the time or energy to get it picked up and it is bugging me big time.  We babysit twice a week now to for our neighbor after school until 7 so I'd like the house to look at least decent before we have to get her but I'm not going to "stop school" to clean the house so theres been a few times shes walked into a semi disaster.... We're trying to reorganize everything and rearrange things in the house to try and "fix" some of the clutter problem...we'll see how that goes lol

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM

I struggle with this, too.

oredeb
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM

well the kids learned at a young age to clean up their messes, i dont mind where they play with their stuff just as long as they clean it up! and teaching that takes patience and time!!!!hahahahaha

my house is always fairly clean, not spic and span! right now we've got wood stuff, nail guns, tar paper etc everywhere!

but usually its cleanish,  i got a rhythm and a list going

we pick up stuff at night(5 minute plans!) in the mornings before people get up i do some cleaning, then kids would get up and do there chores etc.

romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM

No, it was years ago, and not a home school workshop.  I do not remember the speaker.

Quoting Kaylon:

Was this at a homeschool workshop?  If so, do you remember the speakers name?  

That is an eye opener 

Quoting romacox:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM

We don't really have problems that can't be quickly cleaned except in the kitchen. Three meals a day is hard to keep up on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)