Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Did I just pick that up or am I losing my mind?

Posted by   + Show Post

The title to the post explains my day.  I feel like I have done nothing but cooked, washed dishes, picked up things off the floor, seen toys everywhere, washed dishes again, cooked again, then saw toys all over the place.   Oh man..  I know we are home a lot because we homeschool and I am glad I don't have 8 hours a day monday-friday to myself.. I really love being with my boys.  But, lately any clutter or mess around the house has been driving me batty.   So.. How clean is your house since you homeschool.  Do you thrive for a clean house (everything put in it's place) or does your house look lived in?   I would rather CHILL and be able to stand my house how it is and spend time with my children..why is it so hard!?     Anyone else struggling with house keeping?

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I love a clean house. I dream of a place for everything and everything in it's place. In my mind I'm an organization freak. Lol. However 2 kids, a dog, cat, husband, running an online business, homeschooling and being exhausted from pregnancy makes all that disappear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wowguildmomma
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I would give a limb if I could get organized. I have inlaws that expect showroom spotless 100% of the time due to they are a neat freak (MIL) and perfectionist (FIL). I can spend the whole day deep cleaning and have maybe forgotten to wash 2 bowls or didn't get to that last 4 inches of floor trim to get it clean and they will deem my house so nasty that it is uninhabitable. I can't get them to understand that with homeschooling 4 kids, dealing with DH who isn't a very neat person, and everything else that the house isn't gonna look like a showroom when you just drop in unannouced.

Kaylon
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Quoting wowguildmomma:

I would give a limb if I could get organized. I have inlaws that expect showroom spotless 100% of the time due to they are a neat freak (MIL) and perfectionist (FIL). I can spend the whole day deep cleaning and have maybe forgotten to wash 2 bowls or didn't get to that last 4 inches of floor trim to get it clean and they will deem my house so nasty that it is uninhabitable. I can't get them to understand that with homeschooling 4 kids, dealing with DH who isn't a very neat person, and everything else that the house isn't gonna look like a showroom when you just drop in unannouced.

I think I wouldn't be so nice..and say they didn't have to come over if they didn't like my home. lol..but that's just what kind of mood I'm in.  My in laws I don't have that problem.. I get more problems from my parents..living in their back yard doesn't help any.   I have let the house work go today.. Just to tired to do it and it will be there when I have energy to complete it.   Actually, I think staying up til 12am this morning baking cookies and then getting up at 8am has made me not care about my house mess at the moment.. lol

TeddiChi
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:10 AM
Me TOO! Lol. And ppl think SAMS do nothing all day! I had this fight with DH this weekend, he asked me why I'm so tired, and I told him, where he gets to come home at 4:30pm, and park his butt in front of the tv after a "long day", I don't get to just stop. After school, I have to drive the kids to their different activities, karate, social etc, then go shopping, do my own stuff (I work part time too), then get home before DH does, (he wants to have his food ready when he gets home from work.) I then have to cook, feed and bath baby, make sure DD's taken care of put to bed, read a bedtime story, then, get the teens to fold and put away their washing, (which we did during "school break", then wash bottles, get organized for tomorrow only to drag my very tired body to bed at 11pm, IF I'M Lucky! Only to start the whole process all over again the nxt day. All in the name of mommyhood though! Sometime I think a simple "thank u" would go a long way though.

Quoting Kaylon:

I feel alittle better knowing I'm not the only one. :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adelphi13
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I do the best I can do every day.  My house is not as clean as it was bc but I think as long as I do what I can it's okay.  It is hard and I do get burned out from the same things that you mention but as some famous person said the days are long but the years are short:)  I don't think our kids will remember the extra dust or less than perfect floors.  They will just remember that we loved them and that they had fun!  Hugs to you:)

kittyfaery
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM
This is already an issue for me and I haven't started homeschooling yet. I have arthritis and a 20 month old who doesn't sleep through the night. It's hard to get up the energy to clean. My husband works 13 hour days so sometimes things don't get really clean till his days off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylon
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quoting kittyfaery:

This is already an issue for me and I haven't started homeschooling yet. I have arthritis and a 20 month old who doesn't sleep through the night. It's hard to get up the energy to clean. My husband works 13 hour days so sometimes things don't get really clean till his days off.

I can semi relate.  My husband works 12-13 hours shifts.  He works 8 days and then off 6.  Our cleaning schedule goes out the window when he is home.  So I hustle to get the house clean before he gets off.. Tommorrow starts he's 6 days off.  I love a clean house and I don't feel stressed out when I have a clean home.. I don't know why I get behind.  Then, I feel in over my head and very stressed.   I gotta get a schedule down.. anyone with me?  

kittyfaery
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM
Mine works in three day rotational shifts. I couldn't imagine 8 days! He does most of the actual cleaning, though I do all laundry and organizational stuff. Plus all the shopping and errands type stuff.

Quoting Kaylon:

Quoting kittyfaery:

I can semi relate.  My husband works 12-13 hours shifts.  He works 8 days and then off 6.  Our cleaning schedule goes out the window when he is home.  So I hustle to get the house clean before he gets off.. Tommorrow starts he's 6 days off.  I love a clean house and I don't feel stressed out when I have a clean home.. I don't know why I get behind.  Then, I feel in over my head and very stressed.   I gotta get a schedule down.. anyone with me?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krazymama4
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM

i am right there with you i feel like i spend all day going behind my family picking up after them dor once i would like to have someone else clean the house

Pamelachi
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Oh man...we are SO outgrowing our current house.  We got a bunch of homeschool supplies from my mom now that my sisters are done with them and no place to store them and now we've had to move my 2 kids into the same room to make space for the baby dues soon!  With all the re-arranging I'm running out of space and energy for everything!  I keep hoping it will settle down, but realistically with a LO on the way, that's not happening any time soon :)  I would love to have a toy room.  No space in the bedroom for anything but the beds!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)