Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you make a special dinner for valentines day? What is for dinner tonight?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
I know some people don't care for valentines day. We celebrate each other every day, but I enjoy doing something special for my husband and kids. I'm always looking for a chance to do something festive. :)

So for dinner, we decided to make steak, salad, tortellini with Alfredo sauce, and Italian bread. The girls insisted on those holiday cookies you just put in the oven with the heart on them. Lol
I'm considering making a chocolate cake, since I have all the stuff, but I'm not sure yet. We will see what all I can get done!

We don't do big gifts, just a bag of each others favorite candy, but the girls like making cards and decorations for when daddy gets home. We try to make sure the house is clean too, but that is a challenge at the moment. Haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Cole is making Rob a 'Happy Valentine's Day' hat. LOL

I bought Rob a card and we will be going out in Saturday.

We'll have spaghetti for dinner so not really special but I did by a chocolate cake. 8)

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I am making steak, lobster tails, fresh asparagus, cheese cake & some other things I haven't decided on yet.

We got the kids little gifts & I am going to try to find a comic book hubby asked for to give him. I got a love letter & a picture he drew just for me (he is an amazing artiest & love letter writer)

mynameismuerte
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. DH left town this morning for a few days for work so he's not around. I got my 6 and 3 year olds a little something but not much.

While I was making lunch they came in the kitchen and told me they wanted to make valentine's for each other because, "I love my brother." Lol. So it looks like craft time after naps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Sounds awesome! And the note and picture would mean more to me than any bought gift :)

Quoting usmom3:

I am making steak, lobster tails, fresh asparagus, cheese cake & some other things I haven't decided on yet.

We got the kids little gifts & I am going to try to find a comic book hubby asked for to give him. I got a love letter & a picture he drew just for me (he is an amazing artiest & love letter writer)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I love it when he writes me love letters. This is the second time he has drawn me a picture the first one was years ago when we where dating.

Quoting Boobah:

Sounds awesome! And the note and picture would mean more to me than any bought gift :)

Quoting usmom3:

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Awww, that makes my heart smile :)

Quoting usmom3:

I love it when he writes me love letters. This is the second time he has drawn me a picture the first one was years ago when we where dating.

Quoting Boobah:

Quoting usmom3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Yowzah!

Quoting usmom3:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Too cute!

Quoting mynameismuerte:

We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. DH left town this morning for a few days for work so he's not around. I got my 6 and 3 year olds a little something but not much.

While I was making lunch they came in the kitchen and told me they wanted to make valentine's for each other because, "I love my brother." Lol. So it looks like craft time after naps!

oredeb
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM

all your plans sound great!! we will grill some food and then enjoy a dessert and then put in some more floor!!hahahaha

i snuck a bunch of candy and stuff into dhs lunch this morning!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)