Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just got a letter from the school district...

Posted by   + Show Post

They want all the homeschoolers to come in for a brain storming session. They want to design a new blended learning option. It is a hybrid learning experience in which students are at a supervised location part of the time and in part through online delivery. The student controls his/her own path and pace of instruction.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Replies (41-43):
kaffedrikke
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Sounds like hocus pocus crap to me.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM

How does it work, there?

Quoting gamermom81:

Yes this is common in California

Janis198
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I am pulling my daughter out within the next week, she was just enrolled into K12.   

Can you please tell me more about what the ps did.   

And also, when did K12 tell you when to pull the child out. She starts K12 on the 27th. do I keep her in ps until then or what?    I know I should call K12 and ask, but was wonder what you did. thanks :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Here, they started up a cyber school that met inside the school one day a week.  They try really hard to keep those kids on the same SLOW schedule as the rest of the school.  I opted to use K12 and for a while they tried to come after me for truancy (I pulled him halfway through the year, so they decided they didn't have to accept that we left?)  It took me a month exaclty of sending in weekly reports of logged hours for them to stop sending me mail!!  I no longer trust the PS and would not go!  If your PS is like mine they may take the mere fact you showed up as a consent to start the curriculum!  Sorry that's just my bitterness speaking! 

Janis

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN