Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

ps applying the pressure.

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been MIA for a while now because the PS has taken their harassement to a whole other level. It started off with them calling and telling me how i need to bring my son back to the school now if i want him to pass kindergraten, then it went to them mailing me a letter, then them having the district mail me a letter stating i owe all student fees (which were waived at the start of the year due to income). Well last week I had the state show up at my door. I was in the shower so I didnt answer, when I got out they had left a pamplet at my door saying I am being accused of numerous things. The cps woman came by again this week and my son wasnt here, he was on a field trip with his pawpaw. She basically gave me the run down of what she will be looking into which covers everything from the fact my son is a bean pole (always has been), his schooling situation, and the fact my son wasnt born medically perfect (chronic constipation, seizures and shock reaction to certine things). She did give me good news today when she said he will have the case closed next week. She knows aswell as I do i'm not doing anything wrong. It has just had me extremly depressed and i havent done anything, not even leave my house.

My question here is, has anyone delt with this? I have a meeting with a lawyer next week about the harassment and I have written an article that the local paper is going to publish. That way anyone out there who feels this particualr school distract is behaving the same with them they can feel strong to step up.

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM
(((HUGS))) I've noticed my pepsi buddy hasn't been around :)

I can't imagine....I'm so sorry they are doing all this. I'm gld to hear it's being resolved. Sock it to em!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romacox
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Make sure your lawyer understands the home school laws in your State. There are two resources that can be most helpful. 

Your State Home School Association. ( scroll down to your State, and click on it.  You will be given at least one option.  Give them a call, and explain your situation. 

Home School Legal Defense Association.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I would join the HSLDA & get them to start helping get the school off my back! Sorry to here you are going thru this!

oredeb
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

oh wow, thats good your writing an article, get it all out in the open, let people know whats going on.

i think the school owes you an apology

MedicMommy2
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I can not believe they would do all that for ONE student. Kudos for stepping up and shedding light on something that is so often swept under the rug.

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 1:16 PM

:( *hugs* I am so sorry you've had to go through all that.  I agree that you should join the HSLDA it's a good safety net and they may have resources to help you in dealing with the school district.

I have heard stories of schools harassing families when they pulled their students out and started homeschooling, but I'll be honest those stories were more common over twenty years ago when I started homeschooling vs. now.  I am glad you're talking to a lawyer and putting your foot down on this matter.  If nothing else I just hope that your actions will prevent this school from ever doing this to anybody else.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Ugh, some people, just don't know when to let go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)