Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be proud if your child(ren) .......................................

Posted by   + Show Post

heres a question i found on another site, had some interesting answers!

Would you be proud if your child graduates homeschool and decides to work in construction?

How about if your child decides to work in fast food or a factory?

or doesnt go to college?

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Replies (21-24):
adelphi13
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I want my children to be happy with whatever they choose to do in life but I do not want to see them struggle financially.  I would prefer for them to go to college and my husband wants them to do whatever they want to do.  Ultimately it is their choice and I will support them one way or the other.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

As long as my kids are following their dreams I would be proud of them no matter what they do.  I tell my boys college is not for everyone.  It really depends on what field you wish to work in.  Some occupations are easier with a college degree.  I plan on encouraging my boys on learning a trade before college.  I do not wish them to go to college and get in debt.  Ultimately it will be their choice.  I support and give them advice whenever it is needed.

wright1212
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Well my oldest won't go and will never hold a job, for to have self care skills would be great. We expect our other 2 to go. College went well for us, it's just part of k12. I went for over 6 yrs and now teach college pt, also I teach trainings to parents and teachers on child dev and love it. My dh is an OT and loves it and we are doing well, despite the 1100$ mo student loan payments. Plus if something ever happen and I was left alone I could get a job easy, or when kids r grown. I personally think everyone should try, there is so much in the world to learn. I'm creating lifelong learners. I still love taking classes, trainings, and consider more a blessing.
MommyMays
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 5:42 PM

As long as she enjoyed what she was doing. And was doing something other than sitting around letting others support her. (Not a reference to staying at home and caring for your children. That IS a job in itself!) Not everybody should have to go to college to be considered succesful. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)