Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What did you do today?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 13 Replies

I really felt like I got nothing done, but I did take pictures of some things I made, listed them on a website, and sold a few things this morning.  Then had school with my 6 yo, and that's about it...  LOL

What did you do today?  Anything else on the agenda?

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheHappyChicken
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:54 PM

This morning I did school with the kids...played housemaid/cook.... exercised.. watched teen mom 2.. LoL... and now the kids are watching a movie... soon I'll be making dinner then cleaning up again.. putting children to bed.. might workout with dh later on tonight... then head to bed and watch an episode of malcolm in the middle. =) 

momof3inapril09
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 4:58 PM
today was my 7 yo 1st day of hs. we had a short lived rocky start but ended up great. i had some worksheets for him and went shopping for a desk and some clearance vday stuff. i had him tell my what the new price would be after the discount. then we went to educational outfitters where we got 7 yo a game called titanic and a few workbooks. it was a pretty good day except for my dad nagging me ALL DAY about why i shouldnt homeschool. his main reason is "he needs friends" which is something i was never allowed to have growing up so why the heck is he a hypocrite, and second argument was "it doesn''t count". hmm. pretty sure i did my research and it does count. ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I helped my oldest son make breakfast. I made my husbands lunch & helped him get ready for work. I payed some bills, balanced my checkbook & filed my tax return. I made a pot of homemade soup. I posted on Cafemom, watched a video that was posted on facebook, I read some articles that where posted on facebook & I am now watching the show Switched at Birth. Later I will fold some clothes, cook dinner (the soup is lunch) & help my kids do anything they need help with.

5BMom
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM
We had lazy early morning but were done with lessons by noon. After lunch, we did a bit of sledding and then went on a two mile walk to pond and played in the snow over there for awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swim-mom72
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:43 PM

After 2 hours of school this morning, we took a break in the hot tub! It was awesome. We came in and ate lunch. Then finished school and chores. Drove my oldest to swim practice, only to get 2 minutes away and have it be cancelled due to the rain(it was at an outside pool this week). So, we took the free time to go to Gamestop and Toys R Us for the kids to spend money they have been saving since Christmas. Now we are enjoying the rain and waiting for Dad to get home so we can eat dinner, watch some shows and veg.

Kaylon
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Oh yeah.. Gotta love hypocrites and the socialization myth of homeschooling.   Keep your head up and keep trucking!  We are all here to support you! 

Quoting momof3inapril09:

today was my 7 yo 1st day of hs. we had a short lived rocky start but ended up great. i had some worksheets for him and went shopping for a desk and some clearance vday stuff. i had him tell my what the new price would be after the discount. then we went to educational outfitters where we got 7 yo a game called titanic and a few workbooks. it was a pretty good day except for my dad nagging me ALL DAY about why i shouldnt homeschool. his main reason is "he needs friends" which is something i was never allowed to have growing up so why the heck is he a hypocrite, and second argument was "it doesn''t count". hmm. pretty sure i did my research and it does count. ugh.

rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

We did language arts, reading and math which took about 2 hours between all 4 kids.  Then we set up a mud pie kitchen outside with some old stuff I found at Goodwill and the kids spent the afternoon making mud pies and getting extra dirty. 

Kaylon
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

We have had an easy day (well the boys have).  They have watched curious George, played legos, colored in their new star wars coloring books, played hide-n-seek.  I am getting the house in order.. Daddy will be home starting his 6 off days tomorrow.   

Kaylon
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I loved making mud pies when I was a kid.. Well..I still do ;-) Still a kid at heart!

Quoting rsrangel:

We did language arts, reading and math which took about 2 hours between all 4 kids.  Then we set up a mud pie kitchen outside with some old stuff I found at Goodwill and the kids spent the afternoon making mud pies and getting extra dirty.  

oredeb
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM

school stuff, cleaned up after our wood floor party last night, worked with the seeds a bit, cleaned house, trimmed trees, changed bed, stuff like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN