Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so done with public school** Update**

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 38 Replies

I was going to wait until August to withdraw my kinder daughter, but I'm so done with her teacher screaming in her face and being unfair,and my child getting picked on and she gets in trouble, I'm so sad and done at this point,so I need to know what do I put in the withdrawal letter and how long do I wait to send the letter to about my home school being a private school and when it will start ,I'm so nervous, but I know this is the right thing to do and thanks in advance ladies

Hi everyone my hubby is being such a butt , he wants to know how will the kids get credit if I homeschool and what if i don't know this and what if I don't know that , I am not giving up my kinder didn't go back to school when they started back on Thursday , hubby wants me to think about the k-12 virtual school but i'm not sure if that's what I want , I don't want my kids to be piled up with tons of work like in public school , I am so frustrated right now , but I am going to do whats best for my kids , I don't want my kids to feel burnt out  like public school.

Hubby and I will be talikng about our home school options tomorrow we me luck, I hope I can convince him that my way is the right way and that I can teach our kids on my own without any state input..

by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Every state has different laws regarding procedure and homeschool. You need to look up your state laws (hslda website is a good place).

Good luck! *hugs*

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Please excuse any typos, because I'm on my mobile phone:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arnptee
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Check for a local homeschooling group in your community because state laws vary, and those mom's and dad's can help you get started.  They'll lead you in the right direction.  The library usually has great resources on homeschooling.  With all the nasty things going on in the public school, I don't blame you one bit.  

1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. 2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. 3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard.  4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world. -Psalm 19:1-4

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm from Louisiana and the laws say that I can operate as a private homeschool, so I won't have to follow state rules, I'm going to go read my laws again so that I can have my letter for the school when school starts back after the Mardi Gras break thanks

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Every state has different laws regarding procedure and homeschool. You need to look up your state laws (hslda website is a good place).

Good luck! *hugs*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Check and see if your district has a "home school liason" on the school board who can answer your questions about letter of intent. Ours does.

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Hi I'm from Louisiana and the laws say that I can operate as a private homeschool, so I won't have to follow state rules, I'm going to go read my laws again so that I can have my letter for the school when school starts back after the Mardi Gras break thanks

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Good luck! *hugs*

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my place, as a woman, is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home.             Aimee

Make Money From Home! www.sellhealthyproducts.com

WHITELIGHTJENNY
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Teachers at PS are so horrible. I'm so glad I took mine lot a long time ago. I've been hsin for about 6 yrs w mine and love it. God luck sweetie, if I were u I would give them my withdrawl letter n snatch her outta that crap. She is probaly terrified. Poor baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Camey82
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "my homeschool being a private school". But I totally understand how you feel! I actually school my son at home using a virtual charter school and I had that EXACT same "so done" feeling.

We are switching to traditional home schoolers. I spent all morning yesterday calling my county education office and local ps to find out what my options are and what the requirements. I have to turn in a "Declaration of Intent to homeschool" and I have to turn in an attendance sheet every month for each child. It is a state law (in GA) that we have our children tested at least every three years beginning at the end of their third grade year. Other than that, we have the freedom to do whatever we choose.

usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 18, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This site tells the laws & has a sample letter of intent you can use to help you make yours

http://www.homeschoollegaladvantage.com/files/statelaws/LAPacket2011.pdf

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Thanks so much ladies :)

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Check and see if your district has a "home school liason" on the school board who can answer your questions about letter of intent. Ours does.

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Good luck! *hugs*

Thanks so much :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)