Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you have a decent library close by?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 29 Replies

There's nothing like a good library!

by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jeremmy
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I like ours. Its small, but the ppl are helpful and we can loan out books from all over the state.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I love being able to order books from other libraries. Since it's so small, do you take your kids or leave them with your hubby? When we go to one of the smaller libraries, I always think, 'I should have left my toddler at home!' LOL

Quoting Jeremmy:

I like ours. Its small, but the ppl are helpful and we can loan out books from all over the state.

Jeremmy
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:03 AM
I actually haven't gone to browse since clair was born (6m) lol ill order and pick up and that's all. Before, I would bring logan (6yr) and he would behave downstairs because he knew that upstairs was the train table he could play with while I browsed for books for him!

Quoting mem82:

I love being able to order books from other libraries. Since it's so small, do you take your kids or leave them with your hubby? When we go to one of the smaller libraries, I always think, 'I should have left my toddler at home!' LOL

Quoting Jeremmy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wanderingwolf
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Our library system is composed of the main branch which added on a play room and completly redid the layout of the children's section from when I was a kid and added on another story and then one branch in Lauraville, OH.  So yeah it's pretty small, of course since most people probably have no clue where these old rural places in SE Central OH are.... lol.  But it's big enough for the town we're near (about a 40 min. to 1 hour drive) as the town is thankfully small and I think will stay that way forever. 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:16 AM
We have a large County library. It has a good kid's area and we can order anything from the system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Feb. 20, 2012 at 11:20 AM

We have 4 libraries that are all connected & if you become a Friend of the library & donate money you can have access the Texas Tech Library too. They also have ebooks & online audio books that you can check out virtually. They do inter library loans, have classes & activities off & on all year long for all ages. I love our Library system!

borgen0128
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM
The entire first floor of library is for kids. There are kids size bathrooms, a play area with wildlife pictures, and I am usually able to get any book I am looking for. We travel fifteen min to get there, as the one close to us is a lot smaller.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM
We have two nearby and they both are pretty nice. They are not super huge, but I have been able to find what I need, they have story times, and different activities. One is next to a park and an ice cream parlor so we visit it frequently in spring and summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Our local library is on the small side but is connected to a lot of others so I can order books. I take the kids once in a while but it's so small most of the time I just run in and pick what I have reserved.
mommytobooger
by on Feb. 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM

we love our library!!!

it isone town over like 10 min away, and we could not survive without it! we are there at least once a week, they do tons of activities for all ages! they have storytime of course every week, and then art days, like winter art, crazy hat days, cinderella parties, dog training events, reading to tearapy dogs, knitting, science class, video making class, computer class, these are for the older kids, like 9 and up. my son is 6 but we have things to do there all the time! the set up is amazing, every month they do an awesome i spy case, a new theme every month, its really cute! they have a whole section dedicated to homeschooling or if you want to teach your child to read, and they have awesome classes for adults too! in the summer the events never stop! they even have a carnival for the kids! and the summer reading program is by far amazing, the kids gets a prize every week they finish a book, and also prizes at the end of the summer at a whole end of the summer reading show. a comidian and author were there and they gots tons of things at the end, a free ice cream coupon, free admission to an amusment park for the day, and lots of other stuff. they are definatly part of our homeschooling experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)